mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: I guess the OVC won't be a cakewalk
(01-01-2023 08:34 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 06:30 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-31-2022 08:57 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(12-31-2022 08:31 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-31-2022 08:25 PM)ez272 Wrote:  Ut Martin is ranked no. 14 in ncaa scoring. We held them to 10 below their average and won. Tsu is ranked 42nd in the ncaa. Who scouted this team and who game planned this team?

They shot 56% from 3 (14/25) so either it was just "one of those nights" for them where you just have to tip your hat or our 3-point defense sucks. I guess how you view it will be determined by what you think of our coaching staff. They go a "decent" 8/25 and it's a reasonably competitive game.

When a team is down by over 30 late in the game before the benchwarmers came in, there is nothing that a few extra missed shots would do to make the game “reasonably competitive”! All home teams in the league won today, even the two that KenPom considers the weakest- Eastern Illinois and Lindenwood.

It was a blow-out and that's really all that matters. But 6 less made 3 pointers (-18) points and it is a different game. Not sure if I learned anything new this week other than our team will likely be up and down this season. Also that there is likely to be no dominant team in the OVC, since after 2 games there is only one undefeated team (Eastern Illiinois) and they were picked to finish last by Blue Ribbon magazine.

And I also disagree that at this point there doesn’t appear to be one dominant team. SIUE might be considerably better than the rest of the league. They are the only team ranked higher than 200 in the league. And four league teams are ranked in the bottom 50 of all of Division I. Little Rock is one of those bottom four.

SIU-E may be a lot better than I realized. They are 113 in the NET right now, and were in the top 100 last week. They are ranked much higher than anyone else in the league, but conference play will determine how good they really are.
01-01-2023 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I guess the OVC won't be a cakewalk - mjs - 12-31-2022, 05:22 PM
RE: I guess the OVC won't be a cakewalk - mjs - 01-01-2023 09:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.