Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arkansas - Kansas - INSTANT CLASSIC Liberty Bowl
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Arkansas - Kansas - INSTANT CLASSIC Liberty Bowl
...as to OT, my pop had a pretty interesting 'plan' that for the most part would have given resolution rather quickly, but still 'multiple opportunities' to win:

first team gets the ball at midfield, and gets four downs to move the ball as far as they can (obviously maxing out with a TD).

second team gets the ball at either midfield (IF the first team scores a TD) OR gets the ball at the spot where the first team drove it down to; second team gets four plays to move it past midfield; if so, they win by a point, if not, the other team wins by a point. Obviously if they trade TDs, the next OT starts, and maybe move the ball back to the 35 or something...

for example without a TD, the first team drives from midfield down to the 23 yard line in four plays (FGs not applicable in this scenario); the second team gets the ball at their 23, and has four plays to move it past midfield (i.e. gain more yards in four plays than the first team did).

Somewhat 'old school / field position' style, but could work... I think the biggest flaw in the current OT is that they still adhere to the "1st and 10" rule; just get four plays from the 25, no markers. It's amazing that a team can have a 12 play drive in OT (even more if a penalty or two crop up)...
12-31-2022 12:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arkansas - COOGIN' IT... - TexanMark - 12-28-2022, 09:34 PM
RE: Arkansas - COOGIN' IT... - bryanw1995 - 12-28-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Arkansas - Kansas - INSTANT CLASSIC Liberty Bowl - GreenFreakUAB - 12-31-2022 12:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.