Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FBook - Toledo FB Past and Present
Bookmark and Share
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
FBook - Toledo FB Past and Present
There is a very robust Face Book post about the recent BG game. Many posting are past UToledo Rocket players This is a post that Marcus Godwin, former player, made in rebuttal to a Coach Candle supporter who calls detractors "fake fans"...very interesting...

"I would not call it fake fans. Many on here commenting are former players that have won championships and played for coaches such as Nick Saban Gary Pinkle Dean Pees Tom Amstutz I see bowl game MVP and all conference players in here. It is not fake when we repeatedly have the same coaching errors that cost us games over the past few years like WMU the last game fake hot the ball play, that loss had nothing to do with that play it was poor clock management throwing the ball late instead killing the clock. Some will be excited because we got the first down but for real we win if we run the clock and kick the field goal. How about being in man against notre dame then in cover two in the red zone with one of the nations best tight ends. Or the untimely penalties or mental errors when execution is essential. How about the delay of game coming straight from break and then the having to rush the snap to avoid the same penalty on the very next series. I can go on forever. Usually the worst teams with penalties are the worst coached teams. We win because we have players. The credit for recruiting goes to the rich foundation and and talent of players and facilities Toledo didn’t just recently become the top choice in the MAC. It has always been that way. Candle may be a good guy but he is not good at strategy, in game adjustments, corrective actions , discipline and structure. We win and are in games because we usually have better talent we lose because of coaching tell me a game since Candle has been there that we can honestly say we loss that one because we were out played Miami and OSU yes but all the others we loss because Of poor motivation poor performance not being prepared not being able to make adjustments and not being able to manage the game and or the clock to close out games. Heck forget about the past there are three this year alone. UT has and will continue to compete for championships. With it without the candle it’s time to blow it out and move on. The kids the university and the former players deserve better. The kids on that team will probably remember that loss more in 30 years than they will the Ship if we show up to take care of that game. That was a rant."
11-18-2022 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
FBook - Toledo FB Past and Present - rocket 51 - 11-18-2022 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.