Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News NY AG Brings The Hammer to the trumps
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: NY AG Brings The Hammer to the trumps
Well, for 30 years my job was to collect and analyze financial information for the purpose of extending credit to customers for commercial real estate projects. The last 15 years was spent managing teams of bankers who did the same thing. I’m not an expert on much, but I know this stuff inside out.

Commie Tom, no banker worth his salt pays any attention to real estate values provided by a customer. When you are making loans the size of those obtained by Trump the personal financial statement really doesn’t matter because the loans don’t carry personal recourse and your borrowing entity will be required to be a single asset, bankruptcy remote, entity.

You are underwriting the project. The only concern with the borrower is being able to verify they have the required equity available to meet the difference between the project cost and the loan amount plus a cushion to be able to fund any cost overruns/out of balance situation.

Any real estate taken as collateral must, by federal law, be appraised by a third party, independent, certified appraiser, but the bank has already come up with their own max loan value before that appraisal is received. That’s because bank’s lend on cash flow, not appraised value. The only time the appraisal comes in to play is if the value doesn’t support the amount you planned on lending based on your cash flow projections.

I would say about half of all my real estate customers over the years inflated their net worth by overstating property values. I base this on the fact that I always valued off cash flow and what multiples people were paying for that cash flow based on property type. Customer values are really nothing but their opinion. Some would value it based on what they thought they could sell it for, some would use what they paid for it, some would use most recent appraisal, but it didn’t matter because the job of the bank is to make its own determination of values.

This is a crap suit. She claiming he committed fraud, but she’s missing something rather important - who’s the victim of the fraud? No bank is claiming Trump defrauded them. No investor is claiming Trump committed fraud against them. No insurance company is claiming fraud. Who did he commit this fraud against?
09-22-2022 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NY AG Brings The Hammer to the trumps - banker - 09-22-2022 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.