Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Abilene Christian vs the rest of the world
Bookmark and Share
LUSportsFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lamar Cardinals
Abilene Christian vs the rest of the world
ACU vs Lamar - September 1 - Question from OscarWildeCat

Quote:Hey LU Sportsfan, tell us about your team this year? We play you in less than a month and I’m curious to know what off season moves the Cards made to better your team?

It may be more of the same. I'm not seeing much stability with the program, but I'm too far away to have a good handle on things. The "boss" and I followed our daughter to another state closer to the center of WAC country. Here's an attempt.

Hopefully, for us, the team will jell quickly and be more competitive than last season. Y'all hammered us in Beaumont last year 56-0 ACU. The score in Abilene was a little more respectable at 24-17 ACU.

Lamar has 12 starters returning and 41 lettermen. They lost 7 starters on defense including all but 1 of the secondary. The quarterback position is still in flux. The starter hasn't been named yet. One of last year's qb's who started some games moved to receiver. A transfer from UTEP will compete for the starting job. This article from one of the local tv stations is a pretty good summary.

Link - Preseason camp opens

Lamar signed 25 high school recruits. 3 were rated by Rivals or 247Sports. 2 of those had a 2 star rating from Rivals. One of the 2 had a 3 star rating from 247sports. Another recruit also had a 3 star rating from 247sports. In addition to the high school recruits, 4 transfers joined the team. One was from Rice while one from UTEP (mentioned above). one former DII player from Southern Nazerene joined the team as well as one junior college player from Hutchinson CC.

The head coach is starting his third season at Lamar including the COVID19 shortened season.

Hope the September 1 game is a clean, injury free, competitive and entertaining contest. Wish y'all success for the remainder of the season.
08-03-2022 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Abilene Christian vs the rest of the world - LUSportsFan - 08-03-2022 07:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.