Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment).
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
RE: Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment).
(06-15-2022 08:44 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 08:26 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I agree with Frank that the "Michigan is at risk" contention seems very odd.

Wahoowa84 makes some very interesting points about Georgetown hoops (and the risk it faces). As I see it, with a few more missteps and some bad luck, GU is at risk of becoming (if it hasn't already) a "rich man's DePaul." And that is not a good thing.

Well, if anything, I am impressed by the *resiliency* of Georgetown's fan base and remaining national brand prominence in hoops.

Bottom line is, we have made one Final 4, IMO the benchmark for A-level hoops relevance, in the past 36 years. We haven't made Sweet 16 in 15 years. Fifteen years!

By all rights, given those results, the hoops brand that was built by John Thompson and Patrick Ewing nearly 40 years ago (40 Years !!!) should have faded to nothing by now.

But ... it hasn't.

As for Michigan's football fan base being "at risk", that's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. Michigan has a top 10, arguably top 5, football fan base and there's zero indication IMO that this will ever change.

Georgetown hoops is hanging in there, Quo. But some "cracks in the seams" are visible. Attendance has dropped a bit over the years (though that could be rectified, perhaps, with better teams). And recruiting seemingly has been spotty under Ewing and JTIII. The program has recorded only one 20-win-plus season since 2012-13.

GU reminds me a bit of Indiana. Both programs remain relevant overall. But both have suffered somewhat long-term mediocrity.

Agree fully on Michigan.

https://www.hoyabasketball.com/records/bb_homeatt.htm
06-15-2022 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment). - bill dazzle - 06-15-2022 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.