Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment).
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
RE: Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment).
(06-15-2022 05:04 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  So he's using Census population growth to estimate fan base growth. So for Syracuse, he had 2011 fan data and used New York's population growth from from 2011 to 2020 as a multiplier for the 2011 fan base data.

That's patently absurd.

So New York and most of the California cities have the population growth error.

Clearly a guy who is trying to find work for his consulting practice. I guess we should expect more "studies" like this in the alternative facts era.

I love that his twitter description is USC Frat boy, sounds professional and unbiased. According to his LinkedIn, most of the his career has been for companies that he himself is the founder of... lol. His company's website link on LinkedIn goes to an error on Wix.com. His personal website link on Twitter goes to Rebrandly site that is also not working. So he hasn't paid the bill on his company website and his own website. Hence why this document is coming from a private google drive account.

In short, its trash.

Yup. Syracuse has a million more fans than Clemson? Nope. As was said in the thread I posted last week most Syracuse alums in the New York area are pro team folks and only care about them. I think he assumes they all only care about the Orange.

And the numbers are a little exaggerated. There’s 2.7 million South Carolina fans and 2.33 million Clemson fans? That basically assumes every single person in SC follows one or the other. Which isn’t the case. He also says Coastal has 100K fans. Maybe if you include every alum to the school…

Probably 85% of both SC schools fan bases are in SC itself. Charlotte and Atlanta each have a ton of both, but every Southern school has a relatively big base in those cities. There’s a lot of bankers and engineers from SEC and ACC schools.
06-15-2022 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown of fans by school and by conference (post-SEC/B12 realignment). - sctvman - 06-15-2022 07:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.