Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

frustration
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: frustration
(01-12-2022 03:32 PM)ez272 Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 02:18 PM)ez272 Wrote:  I agree. It kills me, and I can't imagine what the players are going through. I hate it for them more than me.
And it seems the covid quarantine is just the beginning of the process to getting back on the floor. The hard part is getting in to see a cardiologist because each player with covid has to have their heart checked. Foley said he still has a player who hasn't been cleared to play because of the heart problems covid causes.

And I believe we were picked last in the conference two years ago when we won the out right championship.

And this brings up another question. There is much discussion on the asu board and the SBC board about some schools just are not testing in order to keep from cancelling games. Are these schools not giving their athletes all the information they need to make a smart decision concerning their health? Are the schools playing with the lives of their athletes? Covid can cause Myocarditis which is why athletes have to be cleared by a cardiologist before they can get back on the floor. Hank Gathers basically died in the middle of a game from cardiomyopathy which is related to Myocarditis according to the googles.
Thoughts?

I also haven't noticed very many P5 schools cancelling games. I admit I haven't really followed it very closely, so I don't know for sure how many have had games cancelled. But I wonder if they are not testing, as much as us, or maybe have the money to have better testing, monitoring, and contact tracing in place.
01-12-2022 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
frustration - mjs - 01-12-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: frustration - ez272 - 01-12-2022, 02:18 PM
RE: frustration - mjs - 01-12-2022, 03:25 PM
RE: frustration - ez272 - 01-12-2022, 03:32 PM
RE: frustration - mjs - 01-12-2022 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.