Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LMU Loss
Bookmark and Share
TrojanTeen2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Little Rock
LMU Loss
Well this game wasn't going to be easy. You're on the road halfway across the country with a 2 hour time difference playing a team that's in a much better basketball conference than the SunBelt. If we would've won this game, expectations were going to go up. But alas, it was just not our day. However, the good thing about losing early, is that you can find holes and (hopefully) fill them before conference play starts.

My Takeaways from last night:
1. the Lack of experience showed at the PG spot: neither Smith or Andric could really get the offense consistently moving and ball distribution was pretty bad. However, Palermo seems to be a decent option if neither can get the job done.

2.We forced 17 turnovers but we had 22. However, the bigger contrast was that they had 22 assists and we had only 13. One side could distribute the ball.

3. Honestly, the slow starts in both the first and second halves are what doomed us. Does this mean we might need to make a change in the starting rotation? It's probably too early to tell but Palermo and Osawe are playing good off the bench...

4. Who is going to be our 3-point sharpshooter? 4-19 from the arch is terrible, somebody needs to step up!

5. Man-to-man defense needs work. The zone half-court press seemed to get turnovers but they had that one guy who hit 7 3-pointers in the corner because that zone opens up that area of the court. I'm not sure if there was miscue all night on him but I'm thinking this defensive set somewhat relies on the opponent "dying" by the 3 and hoping they won't "live" by it. Clearly, they were living!
11-18-2021 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
LMU Loss - TrojanTeen2 - 11-18-2021 08:38 AM
RE: LMU Loss - mjs - 11-18-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: LMU Loss - ez272 - 11-18-2021, 11:06 AM
RE: LMU Loss - mjs - 11-18-2021, 12:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.