Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Studies Suggested Aspirin Lowers COVID Mortality Rates, Now the Powers That Be Are At
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Studies Suggested Aspirin Lowers COVID Mortality Rates, Now the Powers That Be Are At
Quote:Earlier this month a study out of Israel found that the risk for COVID mortality rates lowers significantly thanks to simple, plain old Aspirin. Now, major media outlets are going on the offensive against Aspirin in an attempt to dissuade people from using it for heart attack prevention.

According to an article released last Wednesday by the Jerusalem Post, Israeli researchers copied a test done at George Washington University where they recorded over 400 COVID patients from hospitals across the country who took aspirin for reasons unrelated to COVID itself. This simple treatment resulted in a 44 percent reduction in needing the mechanical ventilator, reduced ICU admissions by 43 percent, and overall hospital mortality by 47 percent.

When the Israelis conducted the same test, they got very similar results and even found that aspirin takers were less likely to get a COVID infection in the first place as discovered by Dr. Jonathan Chow of the research team:

Israeli researchers reached similar results in a preliminary trial at the Barzilai Medical Center in March. In addition to its effect on blood clots, they found that aspirin carried immunological benefits and that the group taking it was 29% less likely to become infected with the virus in the first place.

“Aspirin is low cost, easily accessible and millions are already using it to treat their health conditions,” said Chow. “Finding this association is a huge win for those looking to reduce risk from some of the most devastating effects of COVID-19.”

This should be great news for everyone as aspirin is not only incredibly common, it’s cheap too. People of all strokes can get some and it won’t just help with COVID, it has many other health benefits as well.

However, as my colleague, Andrew Malcolm reported on Wednesday, aspirin is now being touted as useless and possibly even a health hazard. This is after around a decade of doctors and government advising people to take aspirin daily to fight off heart disease, the world’s number one killer. Malcolm reiterated that 30 million people take aspirin on a daily basis including himself.
The media is helping this attack along.

The Hill released an article reporting that the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force recommended that adults between 40 and 59 seek doctor approval before taking aspirin for their heart health.

“The latest evidence is clear: starting a daily aspirin regimen in people who are 60 or older to prevent a first heart attack or stroke is not recommended,” said one task force member in a statement. “However, this Task Force recommendation is not for people already taking aspirin for a previous heart attack or stroke; they should continue to do so unless told otherwise by their clinician.”

“Daily aspirin use may help prevent heart attacks and strokes in some people, but it can also cause potentially serious harms, such as internal bleeding,” said another member.

The New York Times got in on the action as well, highlighting that this same panel recommended aspirin for preventing heart disease as early as 2016, but is suddenly now “retreating” from this position. The Times also makes it clear that these “guidelines” are not yet final.

CNN, ever the goon, reported much the same.

Interesting how aspirin is suddenly something of a villain directly after it was named an anti-COVID hero. Even more interesting is the fact that people predicted this would happen.

Radio show host and author Steve Deace said he “joked” about aspirin getting the same treatment as Ivermectin after the Israeli study was released. A few days later, his joke became a reality. At the time, Grabien founder Tom Elliot attempted to share a link about how aspirin and Ivermectin cut the COVID mortality rate by two-thirds and Twitter forbid him from posting the link.

While there’s no hard paper trail that’s surfaced as of yet, this sudden attack on aspirin follows a pattern of medications being attacked after they were discovered (or at least generated strong evidence) to be effective against COVID-19. All of the eggs have been placed in the vaccine basket by the authorities in charge and anything that seemingly threatens this is targeted and destroyed. It happened to Ivermectin, it happened to hydroxychloroquine, and now it’s happening to the humble aspirin.

There is no hope except for the vaccine. There is nothing but the vaccine. The vaccine is all.

Link

You Know the Daily Aspirin the Feds Told Us Old Folks to Take? Well, Stop It! That's Bad for You Now

Quote:Damn!

There they go again, federal experts changing their minds on more health guidelines. Masks, no masks, two weeks of lock-down, well, no, maybe two months, yada yada yada. How can anyone keep up, especially if they’re old and feeble like our current president?

This time the new federal advice is about aspirin, the world’s most widely-used drug that made Bayer a household name after its invention in 1897. You know how, based on a 2016 recommendation, you should be taking one low-dose aspirin tablet a day to prevent heart disease, the nation’s and even the world’s top killer? Estimates say around 30 million Americans pop one of them daily, me included.

Well, forget it. A government-backed advisory board just opened public comment on a proposed advice change to say that we shouldn’t be doing what we were told we should be doing for almost the last decade.

Remember they changed the food pyramid earlier this century from what we’d been told was best to eat from way back in the middle of the last century? That’s when federal experts told some of us of a young age the best foods to eat for a long, happy, and healthy life. Michelle Obama even changed school lunches because hers were better.

So, maybe we followed some of that advice because, hey, it was the federal government offering guidelines and how could those folks be wrong or untruthful? That was unthinkable.

A lot has happened since those days when we trusted government, most recently with this contagious Chinese COVID business that should have been snuffed out after that understandable two-week lock-down began 19 months ago. That was the emergency brake that didn’t snuff out anything except the country’s entire economy and any hope of Donald Trump’s reelection.

This guy Anthony Fauci hasn’t been seen at his desk as Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser for months because he’s appearing on every conceivable media outlet most days offering often conflicting advice on what everyone should be doing. Or not doing.

Fauci remains undecided on what families can do come the holidays. I do not.

Dr. Fauci (the name means “sickle maker” back in Sicily) has also been having serial run-ins with Sen. Rand Paul, who’s also an M.D., about his connections to China and the Wuhan lab where this minute COVID critter was hatched.

I’m not the most obedient person. Nor, like many Americans, am I a blind rebel, though the current ignorant smugness of Biden and his crowd is pretty tempting. I have generally followed government advice for most of my life starting with “Duck and Cover.” I did register for the draft. I do pay taxes.

As a child, I had no choice about immunizations. Got the smallpox inoculations to travel abroad. I got the new polio vaccine because my parents gave me no choice and I didn’t know what it was anyway.

As a foreign correspondent, I got shots for any disease within a million miles of anywhere I was likely to go — yellow fever, whooping cough, which I got anyway. Monthly gamma globulin shots were overall immunity boosters. I rolled up my sleeve and the nurse said, “Take your pants down,” because they go in the ass.

Amoebic dysentery I knew too intimately from a gulped glass of water on a hot day in rural Spain. In Vietnam, I grew so thirsty I drank a roadside vendor’s Coke from the sandwich bag he poured it in. I did become instantly vigilant about cholera and its shots after the doctor described it as “terminal diarrhea.”

All this even though I was not personally in possession of documentation proving any shot’s efficacy. I didn’t wear a bike helmet either in my childhood. And yet here I am years past the average lifespan for people born during World War II. Like Joe Biden.

I had a friend who said I shouldn’t get a flu shot because immediately after getting one, she threw up in her car. Too bad. But I get every model year’s flu shot. So, when Donald Trump’s COVID vaccine became available for my age group, I got both in the arm in my car.

Was not a difficult decision. At my age, I’m no longer worried about producing mutant children. My overriding principle is survival and viral attacks on lungs can be dangerous to the health.

Masks make my glasses fog up, which theoretically could make me trip on something, hit my head, and turn into Hillary Clinton in dark glasses. But I don’t really mind if it helps keep other Walmart shoppers from breathing on me.

I am, by the way, intimately familiar with mandates. I’m married.

Mandates used to be called rules. Back in the days of my youth, parents did not seek to be pals. They were loving adults who set rules that were rarely subject to negotiation.

I have decided if Fauci can remove his mask in a crowd at a Nationals baseball game, I can be with family and friends whenever I please. How many holidays might we have left together? That was the official recommendation of an expert advisory board of one – me.

I’m not a Democrat who gets her hair done while others can’t. So, I don’t care if people do or don’t get the new vaccines or wear a mask. Just as I don’t care what they read or their cell service or if they fall for regular fundraising pleas from liberal institutions with multi-billion-dollar endowments that plan on raising tuitions next year anyway.

I am bothered, however, by nameless, faceless federal “experts” who change their powerful guidelines like celebrities change spouses. The excuse is new data, which would have worked in the 50s. And we’re supposed to obediently toodle along behind.

Many would have if, from the start, instead of acting like just-obey-us-we’re-in-charge, Fauci et al. had honestly said, “Look, this virus is so new we’re unsure of everything. Bear with us as we figure out what works best.”

Instead, their failed plans only bred distrust and cynicism.

More than 600,000 Americans suffer a first stroke and about the same number have a first heart attack each year, according to the American Heart Association.

More than three millennia ago, Egyptians were using willow bark as a pain reliever and fever reducer. In 1897 a Bayer chemist named Felix Hoffman modified part of that willow bark to produce acetylsalicylic acid, which became aspirin.

Later discovered benefits included anti-inflammatory properties and in low doses, it helps prevent heart attacks and stroke. In 2016, that lead to a recommendation for about-to-be seniors 50-60 to take a daily dose.

But now the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force focuses on aspirin as a blood thinner, which it’s always been. That could facilitate bleeding in intestines and brains, especially beyond age 60. And it says those dangers now outweigh any preventative benefits.

This is all hard to keep up with, isn’t it? I’m going to take two aspirins now and follow the directions to keep away from children.

They want to get the deaths rolling. They need mass casualties.
10-13-2021 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Studies Suggested Aspirin Lowers COVID Mortality Rates, Now the Powers That Be Are At - CrimsonPhantom - 10-13-2021 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.