Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Teams Unofficial Nicknames
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames
(09-13-2021 12:23 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 11:03 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 10:47 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  Let's see: Troy likes calling UAB "UA's B team.". :)

Georgia's unofficial, but most commonly used name is the "Dawgs." We used to waayy before the University of Washington did!! UGa is another one.

I think Tech likes to call us U(sic)Ga or UGag. In return, we call them North Avenue Trade School (located on North Avenue in Atlanta, and we are implying that they are like DeVry Institute or the University of Phoenix) or Georgia Yech. Gnats is another derogatory name for GT.

Oregon has never really had an unofficial nickname unless you want to call U of O that. I think Oregon State fans have called the Ducks, "the Quackers" before.

As for Oregon State, they do have an unofficial nickname, the Beavs.

Troy has always been the Trojans, to the best of my knowledge. Edit: Correction, Troy does have an unofficial nickname: men of Troy!! I remember Troy's radio announcer calling them that. Wouldn't mind see Troy play and beat USC (Trojans vs Trojans).

Montevallo has always been just the Falcons.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

...you HAD to bring up that glorified JUCO down in Pike County, didn't you??? 03-lmfao ...I'm just wanting to get them (y'all?) back on the schedule, as it is a game that should be played yearly, a no-brainer to me... 04-rock
...yeah, I've heard a lot of 'iterations' of what UAB stands for - The 'over the mountain' crowd (i.e., the rich districts south of town) note that UAB stands for 'U Are Back', as when one of their kids gets kicked out of whatever 'upper crust' out-of-town/state school they were attending, the parents 'relegate' them to UAB... but hey, I'm faring pretty well with my UAB degree... ...and it is a LOT more big time then when I attended... the last $$$ campaign goal a few years back was $500 million, and they far exceeded that... so - not too shabby, I guess... 02-13-banana

And Oregon is my PAC team, so i'm happy they smacked the Buckeyes... and I DO call them the Quackers!!!

Yep!! I also would love to see us (Troy) get UAB (y'all) back on the schedule yearly as well!! I'm also glad to see UAB football is back, and in a great stadium too. That should help you a lot as Legion Field was decaying and depressing. Cool on Oregon, btw.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

...oh yeah - y'all need to check out the new place!

I grew up about 2-3 miles from Legion Field, and went to a quite a few high school games/playoffs there, several games of most ALL of the 'semi-pro' teams we've had over the decades, many of the bowl games they had there in the 80's ('All-American Bowl') and also I've been to EVERY Division IA football game UAB has played there, for better or worse; with that, yep it's time for it to be retired... well, it's still active (heck, Tulane whomped up on someone (Morgan State?) there last Saturday - it's TU's home base until they get NOLA back up and running - UAB has them in two weeks, tentatively in NOLA, but if not ready, UAB MAY have to play them at LF, as the visiting team, which would be sorta cool in a weird way... )

...all that to say, the new stadium is gonna be pretty gnarly... ...and it's a BIG reason why there's some thought that there's gonna be some potential movement here soon conference-wise... I guess I'm good with whatever shakes out, but just want to have a good stable spot for football and maybe bring in some decent teams...

...and oh yeah, for the UGA side of you, UAB says thanks for the $$$$$$$$... ...that's about the only way we Blazers can look at that game... 03-drunk03-lmfao04-jawdrop ...NOW, y'all gotta beat Bama in ATL (they might as well get the tickets printed out now for that one).
09-13-2021 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-09-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - BePcr07 - 09-09-2021, 03:42 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - Claw - 09-09-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-09-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - Wedge - 09-09-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - quo vadis - 09-13-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-09-2021, 03:51 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-09-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - C2__ - 09-09-2021, 04:58 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - JSchmack - 09-09-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - dbackjon - 09-09-2021, 06:05 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - e-parade - 09-10-2021, 08:33 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - AllTideUp - 09-09-2021, 06:03 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - domer1978 - 09-09-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-09-2021, 06:56 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - Schema - 09-10-2021, 08:10 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - Gamecock - 09-13-2021, 08:37 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - schmolik - 09-12-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - JRsec - 09-12-2021, 10:36 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - BruceMcF - 09-13-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - TexanMark - 09-13-2021, 06:30 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - Claw - 09-13-2021, 08:45 AM
Teams Unofficial Nicknames - DawgNBama - 09-12-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - DawgNBama - 09-13-2021, 12:23 AM
RE: Teams Unofficial Nicknames - GreenFreakUAB - 09-13-2021 12:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.