Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What does the West Coast Conference do?
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
RE: What does the West Coast Conference do?
(09-17-2021 06:08 AM)Pastasevensamurai Wrote:  Worked at a school in the conference for 15+ years. Gonzaga doesn't care about Seattle's location, irrelevant, the WCC tv money is non-existent. Spokane and Seattle is the same distant by flight as Spokane is to Portland. CBS tv deal is not very good, I can't remember the details.

-Pacific was added because Pacific had strong MBB program before the whole NCAA violations, knowing what we know now, Pacific wouldn't be added, although they're keeping SB alive in the WCC. The commissioner at the time, really pushed for Pacific at the time, Pacific's head coach was very influential.
-BYU was added because of their strong MBB program
-Seattle, Denver, Cal Baptist have 1% chance of being added. All three schools MBB are bad, although Cal Baptist is getting better.
-Denver would need to add 2 men's and women's sports to be considered, how are they going to be compliant with T9 if they're adding 50 men's athletes and not dropping any sports (mih or lax)
-No additional MBB games will be added, Gonzaga doesn't want anymore games, the schedule reduction, NCAA money formula, and format was added to keep Gonzaga in the conference. I could see the conference dropping to 14 games even for MBB.
-Gonzaga Basketball programs, charter everywhere, the location doesn't matter. Olympic sports - would be a challenge. Spokane to Seattle then the destination.
-Adding all three schools above to the conference will only reduce the number of home games of hosting Gonzaga. Gonzaga and BYU are the best gates in the conference, both travel well. St Mary's not so much, losing BYU will hurt the ticket revenue.
-I think if WCC adds any school - Grand Canyon is the school. Grand Canyon's academic profile doesn't matter, SMC has 81% acceptance rate.
-Not sure what the WCC will do with softball, WISL was the landing spot for all those schools but all those schools have homes now.
-I don't think Gonzaga leaves the WCC, flights for their Olympic sports would be brutal, basketball teams charter.
-I do think one of the 9 schools will either close, drop down to D2 or D3 within the next few years, I don't want to mention any names.

Lots of interesting insights, thanks for sharing.
09-17-2021 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.