Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The NFL’s Most Valuable Teams 2021
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
RE: The NFL’s Most Valuable Teams 2021
(08-24-2021 07:04 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(08-24-2021 12:11 AM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  I don’t care what Forbes thinks the Chargers are worth today, that was a smart move to get out of San Diego. The Chargers had over 68,000 fans in SoFi Stadium for their preseason game against the 49ers on Sunday. Justin Herbert looks like a rising star at quarterback. Drew Brees has been seen at Charger practices advising Herbert.

If you ever get a chance to see SoFi Stadium, you will understand why the stadium cost $5 billion. The Raiders got $700 million in public money when no one was getting that kind of public contribution. I have seen the Raiders stadium from the outside and I hope to see it from the inside this
season. It looked good from the outside.

It was the only move available. It's not as if Spanos had the money to build his own facility. Same for Davis.

I don't think anyone is shocked by the final price tag of SoFi Stadium. When it come to megaprojects, its a safe bet you can take estimated cost and double it.

They had choices, but the NFL decided for them if they were going to move to Los Angeles. In 2015, there was a joint project with the Raiders for a stadium in Carson that they were pursuing. There was a proposal for a downtown stadium, a proposal for a stadium in the City of Industry, about twenty miles east of downtown Los Angeles, and the Hollywood Park Project that Stan Kroenke wanted to built.

The NFL owners voted for the Hollywood Park project and gave the Chargers an option to join. If they had declined, the Raiders would have moved in. The owners basically eliminated the other options for Spanos, and it made sense since Kroenke was paying for the project and there was no public money involved.

As for the Stadium cost, it is not your typical stadium. It is the most expensive stadium ever built and ii is not even close. It is the largest NFL Stadium with the largest video scoreboard in history. It was built paritally underground to avoid the LAX flight path and it had to meet California seismic standards. It has all of the amenities and the latest technology. Spanos is fortunate to call the stadium home for his Chargers.
08-25-2021 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The NFL’s Most Valuable Teams 2021 - SoCalBobcat78 - 08-25-2021 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.