tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Where will Moussa be in 4 years?
(07-01-2021 01:59 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(07-01-2021 01:17 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  
(07-01-2021 01:08 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(07-01-2021 08:24 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(06-30-2021 11:24 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  Moussa will never be as skilled as Gasol. He’s got great length and could turn into a solid shot blocker, but has terrible offensive skills. Gasol has evolved into a guy that can hit a 3 pointer, and he always had a mid range game. Moussa can dunk (sometimes if he actually catches the ball). He’s young and will improve, but I just don’t think he’ll ever be an offensive threat.

I don’t think he’ll be anything more than a project player for the NBA. The NBA doesn’t have a lot of room for unskilled players that can’t make a free throw.

I hope he makes a fortune in the NBA, but I just don’t see it. He’d be a waste of a roster slot. He’d get schooled in the G league now.

You are not watching the current NBA... "Skilled" big guys are not what most NBA teams are looking for. They are looking for length, athleticism, defense, rebounding and rim running.

Moussa can do all of the above.

I’ve watched plenty of NBA and Moussa doesn’t have the talent to be there. Period. I’m not sure what NBA teams you are watching but he isn’t even close to being at that level.

It’s surprising cuz quite a few ppl believe that like the poster you replied to. As a big in today’s NBA, you have to have great hands, know how to dribble and have more in the offensive arsenal than just dunks.

No, you really do not. I can think of at least 10 NBA centers off the top of my head that play decent minutes that have very little offensive game outside of catching lobs and dunking. But they are great defensively, long, athletic and can rebound.

There is absolutely no reason that Moussa cannot develop into that type of NBA center. NBA centers tend to go one of two ways in today's NBA. They are the type described above or they are the Marc Gasol/Brooke Lopez type that are on the court to stretch the defense out.

You are thinking of players like Joel Embid and The Joker but those are your elite level centers that can do it all offensively but are by far the exception.

Alright, name at least current 10 NBA centers that are rotation players, don’t know how to dribble and all they do is catch lobs and dunk. You obviously don’t watch much of today’s NBA.
07-01-2021 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Where will Moussa be in 4 years? - ItsDude - 06-26-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: Where will Moussa be in 4 years? - tiger1016 - 07-01-2021 08:10 PM
RE: Where will Moussa be in 4 years? - cmt - 07-08-2021, 12:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.