Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Larry Scott can't go away fast enough!
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: Larry Scott can't go away fast enough!
(06-13-2021 09:56 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  The scheduling alliance went further for other sports than it did for football. That there was a revolving football schedule (it wasn't like all twelve members of the conference would play against the Big Ten's twelve members respectively every year) that did offer flexibility.

And it also exposes a greater internal issue or rift in that where three or four members can be greater than six or eight, if only just because of voting purposes, the majority bloc isn't attained because a minority cluster can keep a measure down.

I don't advocate for Scott. Again, I put this at the feet of the schools to own their own failures. The PAC seems pretty bogged down by what either a cluster of four CA schools, or just what Stanford and USC want. And if they aren't happy, the other six or eight have had to do without. The conference's failures are a collective one. But, it seems the easy and lazy thing to do, like the article seems to voice, that it's more one (Scott) than the other (the schools who vote). And there is CLEARLY a problem with how USC and Stanford can throw their weight around.

I think I remember hearing about that. I feel that the Big 10 dodged a bullet as it would have forced a lot of unnecessary West Coast travel on Big 10 schools in non revenue sports. It's one thing to play football games in California and another to play women's volleyball or softball (not saying they aren't good teams in California). Of course not everyone's going to play in California, what happens to the teams stuck going to Washington, Oregon, or Arizona (especially when it's unbearably hot)? And replacing the ACC with the Pac-12 for an annual challenge in men's basketball?

(06-13-2021 10:16 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 09:10 AM)bluesox Wrote:  Oklahoma and Oklahoma state were willing to move the the pac 12 10 years or so ago as a stand alone move. Yet, The pac 12 presidents vetoed Larry Scott invite to the OU president, most of the fault lies in that move for the pac 12 lagging now.

Yeah, I don't know about that.
Does Oklahoma make the PAC 12 network not s failure?
Does Oklahoma shorten the TV contracts?

Sure, the big 12 is ruined. That just means Texas goes to the Bug Ten or SEC or ACC. Which puts the PAC in a worse spot.

I don't know if Texas moving to another conference puts the PAC in a worse spot. If Texas goes to the Big 10 or SEC, the gap between that conference and the Pac 12 would widen. But if the Big 12 is reduced to a minor conference that's one less conference the Pac 12 would have to deal with. Instead of Texas/Texas Tech and Texas/Iowa State taking ABC and FOX spots away from the Pac 12, Texas's ABC games will be vs. Alabama, LSU, Georgia or Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. and those conferences already have tons of games on the networks anyway. They might get a few more but the Big 12 will have a few less or if Oklahoma's also gone a lot less. You can argue that the Pac 12 is the 5th P5 conference now. If the Big 12's no more, they're definitely at worse 4th. Does it really matter how far behind they are the SEC and Big 10? They're far behind them now.
06-13-2021 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Larry Scott can't go away fast enough! - schmolik - 06-13-2021 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.