Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which is more likely before 2030 - a WAC FBS or some other "G6" FB conference?
Bookmark and Share
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sac State
RE: Which is more likely before 2030 - a WAC FBS or some other "G6" FB confe...
(05-29-2021 04:25 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  
(05-29-2021 03:58 PM)coogkat14 Wrote:  
(05-29-2021 03:26 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  
(05-28-2021 09:09 AM)OscarWildeCat Wrote:  
(05-27-2021 11:32 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  And not a one of them have the community support, facilities or athletic budget to survive the travel or extra 22 scholarships. The highest athletic budget belongs to Sam Houston at 17.3 million per year. Which would put them next to dead last in IA budgets.

As of right now and going into the future there are only 3 programs that could actually make the jump and succeed at it, North Dakota State, Jacksonville State and James Madison.

FYI, some of your comments don’t match current facts. Sam Houston’s budget is several million above Jacksonville State, for example. And virtually every one of the Texas4 spends more than LA Monroe, which holds the “honor” of being dead last in D1 FBS spending. I’m not sure how you can conclude some of these schools lack the alum or community support to fund the additional scholarships?

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

I do agree that James Madison would have no trouble making the jump to FBS. A number of schools are better positioned than Jax State though...UC Davis and Cap Poly for starters.

Those last two would have to want to make a move first. And even if they did, they'd aim to be with their regional peers. Not some randoms like Tarleton State, Abilene Christian and Sam Houston State. No offense.

Do you follow FCS football? Sam Houston outside of NDSU is the most winningest football team of the last decade. And with this recent national championship arguably has a record that eclipsed even James Madison. No offense, but no one who follows college football would consider Tarleton State (one of the most winningest program from their time as a D2 program), ACU (great history of success, with a rising stock among FCS programs) or Sam Houston the recent Division 1 national champion a “bunch of randoms”. Especially compared to UC Davis and Cal Poly. Two Big Sky programs that have done literally nothing on the gridiron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not follow FCS football; if I did I'd be a USD Torero supporter.

But I am an alum of a school which shares a conference with Cal Poly and UC Davis. If they had a choice of FBS and aligning with Nevada, Fresno State and Boise State - Cal Poly briefly was in a conference with Boise and Nevada in the mid 90s - vs FBS and aligning with Sam Houston State, ACU and Tarleton State, they'd choose the former. It's more about joining regional peers than anything else.
This. The idea of Cal Poly and/or the dungpilers joining some TX programs for a shot at FBS is nonsensical.
05-29-2021 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is more likely before 2030 - a WAC FBS or some other "G6" FB confe... - SDHornet - 05-29-2021 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.