Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sorry but another Internet rumor of MWC getting poached by AAC
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: Sorry but another Internet rumor of MWC getting poached by AAC
(05-07-2021 11:04 AM)PicksUp Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 10:22 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 09:34 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I hope he is wrong. IMO, the AAC should not take Boise or SDSU, and especially not if we have to take any sports other than football.

And I'm even against taking their football. The AAC has proven capable of dominating the G5 NY6 spot without these MW schools. There's a reason the rest of the MW tried to end Boise's sweetheart TV deal - because Boise hasn't been doing what they were expected to do to earn that extra money, namely capture the NY6 spot. The last time Boise did that, Saban had four national titles not seven, and the idea of Clemson going to the playoffs even once seemed far-fetched. IMO we dodged a bullet when they bailed out in late 2012 as the Big East fell fully apart.

Boise and SDSU want a lifeline. But why should the AAC provide one? As a USF fan, I'm uninterested in allowing Boise or SDSU access to our superior platform.

Let them drown.

07-coffee3

Boise still gets a lot of left over respect from their previous success.

They havent had many NY6 bowls or dominated the MWC (only 3 CCG titles), but they are one of 6 programs with at least 100 wins since 2011. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Georgia and Oklahoma. Then Boise.

SD State has 85, Cincinnati 84 and UCF 83.

Sure, they arent as dominant as they were before but maybe its because theyre in a much more competitive conference now. If they make the jump then they could be on the level of a Cincinnati, Mamphis and UCF. Maybe. Or maybe they become a .500 team.

Maybe not a .500 team, but joining the AAC does entail some risk that their performance could deteriorate further than it already has for more than one reason. The first danger is that AAC competition could prove tougher than MWC competition. A second is that it's possible playing mostly eastern teams would hurt Boise's recruiting, which is pretty regional now. I doubt their joining the AAC would lure eastern recruits to Idaho, and maybe some California prospects would be deterred.

I don't believe the AAC serves Boise's interests, and I think both sides dodged a bullet when they backed away in 2012.
05-07-2021 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry but another Internet rumor of MWC getting poached by AAC - ken d - 05-07-2021 04:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.