Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Downside for Most Players in Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Exclamation Big Downside for Most Players in Transfer Portal
https://theathletic.com/2478019/2021/03/...ig-picture

Quote:One thing people aren’t understanding about the one-time transfer stuff. At the end of the day, one percent go on to the NFL. For the 99 percent, it’s all about maturing and learning how to work hard. There are so many things that come out of this game over the years that players who have been through it know. If you don’t have a great foundation, it’s hard to keep all that. I hope people keep that view from 10,000 feet when the dust clears in two or three years, that we’ve come around to doing what’s right for young men and not always is doing right only by putting money in their pockets. You just watch the transfer portal. Look at all the guys who didn’t get scholarships. I think I saw a night where it was 1,400, 1,500, or 1,600 guys in the portal and only 260 or 270 ended up with scholarships. If we’re not careful here … When freshmen come in, they work so much harder than they did when they were seniors in high school. They all have thoughts about leaving, transferring. But it was hard to do that. They grew up and went about their business.

There are always circumstances where a transfer is going to be better for somebody. But I know there are guys who have left places and are with me right now this spring that wish they wouldn’t have.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021 10:33 AM by epasnoopy.)
03-26-2021 10:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Big Downside for Most Players in Transfer Portal - epasnoopy - 03-26-2021 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.