Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
Quote:White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki had another rough go of it with Fox News reporter Peter Doocy. On Tuesday, Doocy tried to pin her down on the Biden administration’s continuation of the juvenile immigrant detention program formerly named as “kids in cages.”

“This is not kids being kept in cages,” Psaki exploded. “This is kids, this is a facility that was opened, that’s going to follow the same standards as other HHS facilities, It is not a replication, certainly not, that’s never our intention of replicating the immigration policies of the past administration, but we are in a circumstance where we are not going to expel unaccompanied minors at the border, that would be inhumane. That is not what we are going to do here as an administration.”

Now, when Doocy circles back to the question at today’s press conference, you can see Psaki instantly wince upon hearing the same line-of-questioning.

This is the “circling back” we were promised, Ms. Psaki.

“You said it was not ‘kids in cages,'” Doocy led in. “We have seen some photos now of containers. Is there a better description? Is it ‘kids in containers’ instead of ‘kids in cages’? What is the White House’s description of this facility?”

“Well,” she responded. “Let me give a broader description of what is happening here. We have a number of unaccompanied minors, children who are coming into the country without their families.”

Why would they be doing that? Would it have anything to do with the Biden administration’s restoration of DACA’s anti-law enforcement guidelines?

“What we are not doing,” she continued. “Which the last administration did, was separate those kids, rip them from the arms of their parents at the border. We are not doing that. That is immoral. And that is not the approach of this administration.”

Link
02-24-2021 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’ - CrimsonPhantom - 02-24-2021 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.