Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OVC official response to departure - Next Steps
lion1983 Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Alabama
RE: OVC official response to departure - Next Steps
(02-07-2021 09:22 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-07-2021 08:07 AM)lion1983 Wrote:  The Hypothetical question is, does Chatty leave the SoCon for the OVC or ASUN?

OVC- UTM, TTU, Tennessee State, Austin Peay, SEMO, Eastern Illinois, Murray State

Other than 1 or 2 Tennessee schools, is there any fan interest there?

ASUN- Jacksonville State, Kennessaw State, North Alabama, Central Arkansas, Eastern Kentucky

Other than possibly Central Arkansas, I see fan interest all over. And maybe some interest in Central Arkansas, they have been good lately.

I love the way you word this “other than one or two Tennessee schools.” Lol. Of course there is fan interest. Alumni and students know people that went/go to all of those Tennessee schools, which there are four. Plus, UT Martin is part of the same system so don’t diminish that fact.

I get it you obviously want “Chatty” in your new conference, but don’t gloss over fanbase facts like where the majority of students and alumni are from. I’ll give you a hint, it’s not the suburbs of Atlanta, Huntsville, or Kentucky.

I know a lot of Chattanooga alum, and they do live in Huntsville and Florence. The North Alabama region actually has a lot of Chatty alum. Chattanooga also has a lot of UNA alum.

The fan interest is because of that, and a big rivalry with JSU.

I never hear any of the Chatty folks I know say that they have any interest in playing UTM, or Austin Peay to be honest. They have some interest in Tennessee Tech and some for Tennessee State but not much. They dont even look at ETSU as much of a rivalry anymore.

Say what you will, I'm just going by what alum has told me.
02-07-2021 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OVC official response to departure - Next Steps - lion1983 - 02-07-2021 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.