Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
(01-29-2021 03:39 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(01-29-2021 02:48 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(01-29-2021 02:36 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  FWIW, which may not be much, the poster from the VCU board has a pretty solid reputation for insider information. He broke news of VCU in-season tournaments five years in advance, which I didn't think was possible. Even if he has no connections with ODU or Charlotte, if he has ins at VCU then it's certainly possible that people there have talked. College sports folks, be they the AD, coaches or SID, love to talk.

Timing seems odd. Why would it take two and a half seasons for ODU and Charlotte to disentangle from CUSA and join the A-10? We had two major conference expansions announced this month that go live in July. The UConn-AAC divorce didn't take as long. CUSA pivoted pretty quickly when ODU bowed out of football this season, so I don't think adjusting scheduling from 14 to 12 is the hangup. The only thing I can think is that the A-10 knows that schools (Fordham and LaSalle down? Dayton and St. Louis up?) are leaving and that's the expected timeline for those changes. But the A-10 played with 16 teams for one season and sent five teams to the NCAAs, so they can do it if they so desire.

Going indy for 2021 and 2022 for football would be brutal for Charlotte and ODU. 2023 and 2024 would be tough enough.

Going from conference to conference is a lot easier than going from conference to indy

2021 would be too quick, but UConn managed a respectable schedule in its first year of independence. With a core of independents developing, it'll be easier for ODU and Charlotte to fill out a schedule. I doubt this would happen but if ODU and Charlotte gave notice to CUSA now, they would have a good shot at a full 2022 indy schedule.

Its definitely would be doable, especially now that you have other schools like UMass, UConn, and possibly even Army and Liberty that would likely be willing to move some games around if it meant getting another independent out there.

Its just a matter if ODU and Charlotte are willing to take the plunge.

It would be fun to see but Im far from sold that it will actually ever happen.
01-29-2021 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy - solohawks - 01-29-2021 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.