Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Annual Who Should Win The Conference Next Year Ranking
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: Annual Who Should Win The Conference Next Year Ranking
(01-10-2021 06:53 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(01-07-2021 02:36 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  Every year, once we've wrapped up, and I'm really bored, I start looking at everyone's schedules for the next season. I try to determine, in a perfect world where we all go undefeated OOC, and all those OOC teams are solid, which one of us would have the best resume at the end of the year. Who would benefit the conference most with an undefeated season. i.e. who SHOULD win the AAC in 2021.

Here is my ranking. Tried to also rank opponents in descending order for comparison.

Ranking:
1) Tulsa: Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Arkansas State, UC Davis
2) Cincinnati: Notre Dame, Indiana, Miami (not Miami), Murray State
3) Tulane: Oklahoma, Mississippi, UAB, Morgan State
4) USF: Florida, BYU, NC State, Florida A&M
5) Navy: Notre Dame, Army, Marshall, Air Force
6) UCF: Louisville, Boise, UConn, ?
7) ECU: South Carolina, Marshall, App State, Charleston Southern
8) Memphis: Mississippi State, UTSA, Arkansas State, Nicholls
9) Temple: Boston College, Rutgers, Akron, Wagner
10) SMU: TCU, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Abilene Christian
11) Houston: Texas Tech, Rice, Grambling State, ?

Notes:
-Holy crap a CCG rematch!!
-Tulsa over Cindy was a tough call. Both had CFP teams on their slate. Tulsa got the nod due to a) ND getting embarrassed and b) Indiana has to go back to play road MAC games next year, and will struggle
-Tulane over USF by a hair. Had to go with the Oklahoma head to head over Florida
-Temple was really tough to rank. They have two P5 teams, but not strong ones
-This is a pretty good slate for showing our stuff. Surprised how much I dropped ECU(who I thought had a halfway decent schedule) as I kept adding teams

Interested to see everyone else's picks, to hear why mine are stupid, to hear how X team should be higher because they have more cache than Tulsa... Go crazy.

Tulsa misses UCF and ECU

Cincy misses Houston and Memphis

The best outcome would be for one of them to face an undefeated team in the championship game. UCF getting another p5 game and the AAC adjusting the schedule so Tulsa, UCF, and Cincy avoid each other would set up the ideal situation. So trade ECU for Cincy and trade UCF (they miss Houston and Tulsa) for Houston respectfully. Hopefully it goes well enough we are fighting about which of the three undefeated teams get to play for the play off spot.

Good point. Also, we miss you too.
01-11-2021 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annual Who Should Win The Conference Next Year Ranking - CoastalJuan - 01-11-2021 08:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.