Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

David St Rejoice, or Guess Who's WAC, WAC Again?
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
RE: David St Rejoice, or Guess Who's WAC, WAC Again?
(01-13-2021 11:24 AM)solohawks Wrote:  
(01-13-2021 11:20 AM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  
(01-13-2021 07:40 AM)TexasTerror Wrote:  "My understanding right now is that Chicago State intends to continue to compete at the D-I level, and will compete as an independent if no other conference membership opportunities present themselves." - Matt Brown in today’s Extra Points (behind a paywall)

Interesting. If Chicago State is headed out then with the incoming five schools the WAC will have 13 members. And if the reports are true that the conference is still looking to add two more, that would push membership to 15 which doesn’t make sense.

The implication is that one of the remaing two additions would be football-only, or that one more existing member could leave.

Here’s one way the latter scenario could play out:

- Northern Arizona is invited to replace Chicago State and accepts
- The Big Sky responds to losing Southern Utah and Northern Arizona by inviting Seattle which accepts
- The WAC backfills for Seattle with West Texas A&M

The WAC would end up with 14 full members (7 in Texas and 7 in SoCal/Utah/Arizona/New Mexico) and 9 FCS teams. The Big Sky would end up with 10 full members and 11 FCS teams. Both conferences would have smaller, more manageable geographic footprints.

There you go spouting logical realignment again03-lmfao

This is the scenario that I brought up in the other WAC thread.

This actually makes sense and is the primary goal in this, I think. There are plenty of in between scenarios that work for almost everyone as well. The move isn't earth shattering like the Big Ten taking Maryland or the ACC getting into the Big East. But it's a move that could be a major positive, but really ends up being a positive no matter how it all shakes out.

From where they are now it's really just trading Seattle for NAU (as long as the schools do not object) because it makes more sense for everyone. With nine football schools they have enough that a few might make it FBS. Really as long as three of them can it means they along with NMST could fairly easily maintain FBS status by scheduling each other and their FCS home game (probably against the WAC FCS left back) in November and doing 2-1s or buy games September and October as pay days. Toss in a home and home with an eastern independent and they could make some decent schedules.
01-13-2021 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: David St Rejoice, or Guess Who's WAC, WAC Again? - Foreverandever - 01-13-2021 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.