Z-Fly Online
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Football Departures - Crowd Source
(01-05-2021 10:40 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 10:20 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 09:56 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 09:49 AM)skylinecat Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 08:36 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  So what's the deal with Evan Prater?

Ridder stepped in and took over as a RS Soph, so why can't the highest rated recruit we've ever gotten?

He was actually a RS Freshman but accounted for 3,017 yards and 25 touchdowns. This season with only playing 10 games instead of 13 he had 2,888 and 31 touchdowns. With 3 more games that would've been roughly 40 touchdowns and 3750 yards. We could probably get Ridder's RS Freshman season's level of play out of Prater at this point, but if this team wants to hit the heights its capable of, it'd obviously be preferable to keep Ridder or maybe Bryant who I still think has probably the best pure arm talent on the team. The difference is that basically the only other QB on the roster Ridder's first year was a tough as nails but not the greatest Hayden Moore.

Yep, everything I've heard is that Prater is a long ways off from making the impact that Ridder or Bryant likely would next year unless something changes significantly with his accuracy in short order. We need one of the upperclassmen to be on the roster if we want to be competing for what we all know we can.

If Prater has to get to Ridder level of accuracy, he must be a train wreck. Thank god Young can jump 10' or there might not have been any completed passes in the Peach bowl. Is he really that bad? Can it be fixed?

I have a feeling that's WHY it is so bad...his throwing mechanics were gnarly in high school, and they may be trying to correct it a bit to help with his delivery times, because he looked like Byung Hyun Kim in the backfield throwing the ball for Wyoming and threw a ton of pop flies instead of darts. I had a coach tell me that there was a reason why there weren't a ton of throws on his highlight films...exceptional athlete and runner, but passing form and accuracy needed some work apparently. I never saw him play in high school so I'm just taking the word of some guys in my network down there who did.

I saw him play in High School. I didn't notice anything super odd. Although, I don't have the eye that you have. I saw him make some downfield throws that made me think he could be a real prospect. This was before he and UC were connected. I made sure to get his name, because I thought for sure I'd hear it again. Sure enough, I did. To hear his accuracy is below the Ridder line really shocks me.

01-05-2021 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Football Departures - Crowd Source - Z-Fly - 01-04-2021, 02:31 PM
Football Departures - Crowd Source - mlb - 01-04-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Football Departures - Crowd Source - Z-Fly - 01-05-2021 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.