skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Football Departures - Crowd Source
(01-05-2021 12:51 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 10:53 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 10:40 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 10:20 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 09:56 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Yep, everything I've heard is that Prater is a long ways off from making the impact that Ridder or Bryant likely would next year unless something changes significantly with his accuracy in short order. We need one of the upperclassmen to be on the roster if we want to be competing for what we all know we can.

If Prater has to get to Ridder level of accuracy, he must be a train wreck. Thank god Young can jump 10' or there might not have been any completed passes in the Peach bowl. Is he really that bad? Can it be fixed?

I have a feeling that's WHY it is so bad...his throwing mechanics were gnarly in high school, and they may be trying to correct it a bit to help with his delivery times, because he looked like Byung Hyun Kim in the backfield throwing the ball for Wyoming and threw a ton of pop flies instead of darts. I had a coach tell me that there was a reason why there weren't a ton of throws on his highlight films...exceptional athlete and runner, but passing form and accuracy needed some work apparently. I never saw him play in high school so I'm just taking the word of some guys in my network down there who did.

The D4 competition he faced in HS was a bit forgiving and he was often just the best athlete on the field. He’s always been a development project IMO regardless of his high rating. Yeah, if anyone thought Munchie had some funky mechanics....I haven’t heard how far the staff has come with working on changing those.

Agreed. That's what I've been saying since the day he signed. A lot of people got a little too excited by his high rating. He was a product of being the best player on the field against lower level competition. I'll be mildly surprised if he ever lives up to his billing. I think it's a little easier to get overrated as a QB, because it takes more than just being a good athlete to be successful. Take Corey Kiner for instance. It will be interesting to see how he turns out at LSU after facing Div III competition throughout his career. He doesn't have to throw the ball/read defenses/go thru progressions/etc. His success/failure will mainly be a result of how good of an athlete he is.

In comparing Ridder to Prater, I thought someone had mentioned that Ridder played in a higher Division in KY than the Div IV in Ohio that Prater played in.

Ridder played at St. X who plays in probably the best highschool football division in KY with teams like Trinity, Male, Manual. It'd be as close as possible to playing in the GMC. And I'd say a huge step up from whoever Wyoming played against.

01-05-2021 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Football Departures - Crowd Source - Z-Fly - 01-04-2021, 02:31 PM
Football Departures - Crowd Source - mlb - 01-04-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Football Departures - Crowd Source - skylinecat - 01-05-2021 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.