Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Idea for what could have been a retooled SWC.
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Idea for what could have been a retooled SWC.
This is merely for fantasy purposes.

I was thinking the other day about the Southwest Conference and its demise. What if the league had decided to invite North Texas at the same time Houston was invited? Because when the four original Texas Big 12 schools split, instead of leaving the other for empty-handed, there would’ve been a fifth school. And let’s say they chose to invite a school like Tulane around the same time Arkansas left for the SEC. That would make six schools, a pretty decent nucleus to build around. So here is what I think could’ve happened if the above scenario played out. UTEP and five other schools get invited to join the SWC in order to save it. Those five schools are New Mexico, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, and Tulsa. Now if you want to break those down into divisions, it’s simple. We would just have to determine how many Texas schools would be in each division. Do we have a Texas centric division, or do we go east and west or north and south? I have decided to go east and west. And this is how I will break down the divisions.

EAST
Houston
LA Tech
Memphis
Rice
Tulane
Tulsa

WEST
New Mexico
New Mexico State
North Texas
SMU
TCU
UTEP

I did it this way because to me it makes the most geographical sense. You could always swap Tulsa and North Texas if you want an equal number of Texas schools in each division. Either way, that’s how I would’ve done a reloaded SWC. What would you like to see? How would y’all rebuild the SWC after the Big 12 merger?
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020 09:03 PM by GeminiCoog.)
12-30-2020 08:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Idea for what could have been a retooled SWC. - GeminiCoog - 12-30-2020 08:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.