Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
RE: President of Coastal Carolina Sends CFP a Letter
(12-24-2020 08:57 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-24-2020 04:57 PM)PuddlePirate Wrote:  
(12-23-2020 09:06 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-23-2020 05:18 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  And he's not wrong---

[i]Incoming Coastal Carolina president Michael T. Benson wrote an open letter to the College Football Playoff Committee and its chair, Iowa AD Gary Barta, criticizing the “lack of fairness” and “absence of character” in the current college football postseason that “must be addressed.”

The letter calls for an “equality of opportunity” for schools from the Group of Five and criticizes the “flawed logic” that ended with Coastal’s No. 12 ranking and Cincinnati (9-0) finishing No. 8, which he said left them “absolutely flabbergasted.”

IMO, this letter takes a lot of chutzpah, given that just four seasons ago, Coastal Carolina was in FCS - a division that has an NCAA-run all inclusive playoff system. Coastal freely chose to move from that paradise of procedural parity to FBS, knowing full well that FBS has no such system, and yet now they are complaining about it?

It's like me, an avid meat-eater, choosing to attend a dinner plainly advertised as "vegan", then whining at the table that there's no meat on my plate. Mind-boggling ....

07-coffee3

Do you mean that their new president has no right to make comments and decisions based on the current circumstances he has inherited? Because that is what you are saying. The world would be completely paralyzed if that logic were how things operated. Circumstances change, you have been told this on this very board more times than anyone wants to remember.

Please stop with your illogical BS, you are the ultimate troll and should be banned again forthwith.

But ... circumstances haven't changed. FBS has the exact same "playoff" structure as it had in 2017 when Coastal Carolina joined. Nothing has changed, except now Coastal is *feeling* the impact of how the system works. Well, that's not anyone's fault than their own. They had access to a ful-blown playoff system in FCS and left. They could still access it by going back. That was the whole basis of the FBS/FCS split years ago - FBS teams did not want to have a full-blown playoff.

It's no different than me accepting an invite to a vegan dinner while my belly is full of beef. The lack of meat at that dinner might be theoretically troubling at that moment but I'm not feeling it. A few days later when I sit down hungry at the table then I'm feeling it and wondering why I have to endure this. But that's my fault, not the dinner host's.

If you can't follow this logic, you are probably biased in some significant way.

07-coffee3

It is clear that Coastal wants the same access to championships that it had in FCS. Supposedly, when it was announced, the CFP was stated to be open to all 131 FBS programs. Realistically, anyone with half a brain knew that a 4 team playoff was not even going to include all 5 P5 conferences. If this letter adds to the pressure to expand to an 8 team playoff, why denigrate the attempt by Coastal to question the process?
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020 12:11 AM by Fishpro10987.)
12-27-2020 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: President of Coastal Carolina Sends CFP a Letter - Fishpro10987 - 12-27-2020 12:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.