UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

READ - New Board Guidelines to be enforced for the duration of the pandemic
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
READ - New Board Guidelines to be enforced for the duration of the pandemic
Enough is enough. I'm so tired of all of your childish nonsense. None of you are experts that should be giving out advice. Not a single one of you is 100% correct, nor 100% wrong. You believe what you believe, they believe what they believe, I believe what I believe. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND BY ARGUING ON A FLIPPIN' SPORTS BOARD!

From this point forward, the only mentions of this virus on this board outside of the posted unmoderated COVID-19 Discussion thread will be directly UAB ATHLETICS related. OR ELSE.

BlazerTalk COVID Discussion Thread

• All posts on other threads on this board that state opinions including, but not limited to masks; social distancing, conspiracies, whether this is a flu or cold or was caused by a dirty alien probe stuck up someone's ass will receive a 10% light flaming warning. Each subsequent offending post by the same poster will result in a permanent 10% warning. This includes posts intended as jokes, because no one is laughing any longer.

• This will be an unmoderated thread. Anyone who reads this thread acknowledges that fact and agrees that any risk of offense is solely theirs. Anyone who wastes my time by reporting anything within this thread will receive a 2 week ban.

• Also effective immediately anyone who discusses moderation in public on the BlazerTalk boards will receive a permanent 10% warning for each instance.

The moderators of this site are VOLUNTEERS. No one is making any money on this and some of you think moderating is cut and dried as long as it fits your definition of what is right and wrong. Moderating is difficult. Even more so now during this period of pussification of America where there is almost no tolerance of opposing views and opinions. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME"? Today people get butthurt like a hormonal teenager over any encounter with someone that doesn't capitulate to your views. And that person is automatically an idiot or a moron because they have the audacity to not agree with you. If I allowed myself to get caught up in some of the things that come out of your mouths there would be many fewer posters left than there are.

So, beginning today this is the way it is on BlazerTalk. It's time for a refresher on civility and human decency. Those are now the manta here. This website is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dicatorship (for now). As long as you agree to follow our rules, you are welcome to stay and state your opinions on UAB Athletics and related topics (and within reason, unrelated topics) no matter who feels they are right or wrong. If you are going to get offended with anyone and everyone who disagrees with you and you can't have the common decency to participate with civil discourse then perhaps this isn't the place for you. If you can't or won't try to adhere to these, hopefully temporary, stiffened guidelines please refrain from posting and wasting the moderators time.

These guidelines will remain in force for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic and will be revisited at such a time as deemed appropriate by the moderation team.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020 02:55 PM by blazerjay.)
11-14-2020 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
READ - New Board Guidelines to be enforced for the duration of the pandemic - blazerjay - 11-14-2020 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.