Miami/BC

ND/Pitt/Louisville/Syracuse

NC State-
UNC/Duke/Wake/UVa

CU/GT
FSU/Miami
Pitt/VT

ND/BC/Syracuse/Louisville

It's about who you don't want to play every year as well as who you want to play. This allows you to geographically pack your schedule.

This leaves ND room for Navy/USC and two more.
This leaves CU room for SC, another SEC team and two more

Interesting concept.
Your model shows Clemson playing Louisville every year and again every 4 years. One of those two entries needs to be corrected.
But I really like the idea. Do you have it worked out for the entire conference?

I put in Louisville instead of Duke.

Carolina:

Duke/NC State/UVa/Wake

GT/CU
VT/Pitt
FSU/Miami

ND/BC/Syracuse/Louisville

FSU:

Miami/Clemson/Louisville/GT

ND/Pitt
UNC/NCSU
UVa/VT

WF/Duke/BC/Syracuse

BC:

ND/Pitt/Syracuse/Louisville

FSU/UM
UNC/NCSU
Clemson/VT

Duke/WF/UVa/GT

The general gist is that no one wants to travel to BC or Syracuse every other year because of where they are and many don't want to go to Clemson every other year to take an ass whipp'n. However, if you make longer trips a rarer affair, the allure of the trip grows. That should sell more visitor tickets. You see 10 foes at least every other year.

It also allows you to miss a Juggernaut that is outside your region every so often. This can help your program grow. As Clemson is now, who wants to schedule a second game that year against a potential top 10 or 15 school? No one in the ACC other than Clemson.

Georgia Tech and Florida State do it every season.

Anyway, I like your concept even though you have an inconsistency with Carolina and Notre Dame. I imagine it’s difficult to accurately construct this matrix.

Do you have a model for 14 without ND?

I guess Statefan’s 4-3-1 model can work for 14. For example,

VT -
UVA, Miami, NCSU, Wake every year
Pitt/Cuse every other year
UNC/Duke every other year
Louisville/BC every other year
FSU/Clemson/GT once every three years
ND roughly once every three years (OOC)

UNC -
Duke, UVA, Wake, NCSU every year
GT/VT every other year
Miami/FSU every other year
Pitt/Louisville every other year
Clemson, BC, Cuse once every three years
ND roughly once every three years (OOC)
11-11-2020 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheduling the ACC if Notre Dame were to join - random asian guy - 11-11-2020 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.