Bookmark and Share
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: 2nd FBS game to offset covid revenue loss
(11-17-2020 09:32 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(11-16-2020 04:40 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(11-16-2020 12:48 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
(11-12-2020 01:41 PM)JMUska Wrote:  I'd be down to always schedule two FBS games to double the money we make.

If we went 7-2 in the other games, we'd still make playoffs.

If we lose 3 FCS games, the team likely isn't a national title contender anyway.

Would any of us really felt cheated if our teams that travelled to EKU or the one that hosted Liberty in playoffs had missed qualifying because we played an additional FBS game that year instead of an FCS cupcake? I wouldn't really.

EDIT: Also, my post automatically counted the FBS games as losses, which we know isn't always true.
But if you go 8-1 in the other games, you're definitely not getting a top 2 seed, likely not a top 4, maybe not even top 6. I like multiple home playoff games in the quarterfinals and semis, + a better chance at a trip to Frisco, more than a 2nd I-A game..

Everything you have stated is the truth. With that said, our path in 2004 was far more satisfying at the conclusion of each game than were the other paths taken. Certainly taking down the Bison in Fargo was the single most satisfying game, and the home game against Weber was a nail biter the following year, but the road we had to take to Chattanooga will forever be hard to beat. I could care less about scheduling an easy path to the championship game.

I don’t think this conversation is about scheduling an easy path. What we are discussing is the entertainment value of watching JMU football as fans. The home playoff games have become the most entertaining games of the season in recent years and we can all get to them. Going to Fargo and winning was an incredible experience but a once in a lifetime one. If I go there every year, it becomes a different experience.

If JMU remains FCS, the goal is to make and win in the playoffs along with hosting as many games as possible. 2004s playoff journey is a great memory too and was incredibly rewarding. It was JMUs first NC. The program had less than a handful of playoff wins prior to that season. I feel these things added to the experience of that run. If it happens again, will it mean as much?

If JMU remains FCS, then giving up home playoff games to play an additional FBS game is a bad trade off IMO.
Yep. While JMU should move up, as long as are FCS, the bolded is true.
11-17-2020 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2nd FBS game to offset covid revenue loss - BDKJMU - 11-17-2020 01:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.