Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds!
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds!
I am so thrilled that Rocket Football is back! If it's back for 1 game, 4 games, or 7 games and a bowl, at least the game against Bowling Green will be played. It's time to avenge that awful ambush from a year ago. I will give Scot (only one T) Loeffler credit for last year. He watched those tapes, saw Toledo never stops the run pass option and ran his quarterback, who was a quarterback that didn't have a track record of running the ball. It caught UT off-guard, and it was enough for BG to get out to a nice lead.

Hopefully that garbage is out of our system, along with the old defensive strategy. While it's pretty much the same personnel on defense, I have to believe the strategy and level of play will improve with the new coaching staff. Which would be great news for the secondary. I think Toledo has an excellent secondary that never really gets a chance to shine, because the poor play of the front seven has made them play out of position for several years. I would ecstatic to see Toledo beat a RPO team and look like they knew what they were doing.

Offensively, Toledo has a capable group of wide receivers and a great stable of running breaks. Bryce Harris will be a welcome site! I'm a little old school and love the days of big hogs knocking people back. Candle likes the lighter and more athletic linemen. I guess that's supposed to give you more options and schemes on offense. I'd like to see more leadership and fire on the line. I'd like to see better run and pass blocking. IMO, Lines on both sides of the ball are what win championships and Toledo's needs to step it up this year. If only they all had Bryce's fire.

As far as QB goes, I'm just hoping for solid play. I think everyone was hoping Bradley was going to be the guy. Finn has the potential be nice dual threat quarterback. Whoever it is, hopefully they are ready. Toledo hired a quarterbacks coach. I'm sure recruiting was at least half the reason for the hire, but I hope he can coach these guys up.

Toledo received the "kiss of death" first place west prediction. We will see if Toledo can put it all together. I think McElwain and Central Michigan will definitely challenge for the West. I think McElwain is a better coach than Candle, but I give credit to Candle for making the necessary changes to the defensive coaching staff and adding the quarterbacks coach. I wish we could all be in the stands Wednesday night or any of the nights for that matter. Aside from the BG game, I'm sure there would be plenty of room for die hard fans like ourselves to spread out, at least for the December Games. I'll say a close crazy game this week. Everyone has had ample time to prepare. 31-28 Toledo!
11-01-2020 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds! - falconplucker - 11-01-2020 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.