Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Did We Get Here? A Timeline of Events. (Sports Cuts)
Bookmark and Share
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
RE: How Did We Get Here? A Timeline of Events. (Sports Cuts)
(09-24-2020 06:13 PM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  
(09-24-2020 05:01 PM)nj alum Wrote:  Please stop. You’re destroying your own credibilty.

Don’t defend this. It can’t be defended.

I’ll keep it simple.

Some of us here saw the writing on the wall. Swimming saw the writing on the wall. They talked to the AD last year after seeing the writing on the wall. Swimming was mislead, and that’s being charitable.

Moving on to track. Did you listen to the female track athlete last night? Cutting men’s track weakens the woman’s track program.

Did you listen last night? Gymnastics, swimming, and track athletes from W&M provide the youth coaches for the greater W’burg area.

Rowe and Huge have abandoned W’burg and Virginia families in the quest for national glory ... ie ... forgetting the base / foundation.

This is an absolute (fill in the blank) and ALL sports will be collateral damage.

Let the smoke clear a little bit. The Tribe 7 has just begun to fight!

Where were we defending/where in the article did we say we agreed or disagreed? Nowhere.

It was a neutral-stance article that was not saying that we think it was the "right" decision to do so, just that through prior press releases and documents, the department seemed to have the writing on the wall.

Please stop getting so combative. Helps no one.

I didn’t read your article.

I was responding to your posting.

I’ll be blunt. There is no credibility left. There is no trust. It’s all over. It’s not a question of “if”, but of “when”.

Any timeline ... any report ... any study ... flawed. All done to provide cover. Nobody is buying it. Nobody ... no one from the 1960’s .... 2020’s .... academics .... sports nuts .... nobody .... universal condemnation except for some hold-outs.

To try to defend the decision, they had to release the financial data. Mismanagement is all over the released documents. That’s your story, not some artificial timeline created to give cover.

Stay away. Keep your powder dry.

Combative? Damn straight. I’ve given a lot back to this place, and to see it thrown away so quickly, and so casually, and so harmfully, yes, I’m combative.
09-24-2020 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Did We Get Here? A Timeline of Events. (Sports Cuts) - nj alum - 09-24-2020 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.