JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety
(09-16-2020 03:45 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 03:22 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 03:15 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 01:08 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 12:59 PM)shere khan Wrote:  No. You absolutely cannot do that. Period. Anywhere.

Gentlemen, you miss the point. Whites sold them the land and will leave with the money. They'll start their experiment and all of that is legal. Can they and will they get away with it? Yes. I give you Tuskegee as an example. Whites will be free to sell and leave or to buy if there is land available in the area. Blacks with means will move in and the town will slowly grow into a majority black town. Then as someone pointed out above bad relatives, unmotivated children, and others will slowly turn the utopia into a massive mess, unless of course those who originally bought the property bring pressure upon them with police, courts, and laws.

Tuskegee started out as a white run small town with a fine HBC located there. As older whites died out their children moved away. What had been a fine college town culture eroded into city corruption and the lack of maintenance of basic city services and a new kind of lawlessness. The African Americans there now who care about the city are fighting hard to regain control and to gentrify it for upper middle class well educated black families. Montgomery needs such a bedroom community because West Montgomery is a cesspool and nobody who loves their children wants to be around it. The problem is it is hard to fight poverty and crime without higher taxes, good police, solid city government and laws that support development.

So if you want to know what will happen in Wilkinson County Georgia look to Tuskegee but they have the advantage of not having to overcome crime initially. They have a good chance and I wish them well. What they are discovering is the American Dream of whites in the 50's.

Tuskegee. Where you need a 4 wheel drive on paved streets. It's like going back in time. Complete shitehole. Stole so much from walmart it closed. Was told the national park service had to take over school grounds and maintenance because they couldnt keep it up. 10s of millions down a rat hole. The stories I could tell about that hell hole.

All true, except you left out the part where the realtors in Auburn overbuilt so the State government offered them stipends to take refugees from Tuskegee which has led to a spike in Auburn crime. But there is a new mayor there and they are attempting to revive the community.

What you described happened from the late 1970's through 2010 and your description while solid doesn't do the devastation justice. But it is what it is.

Some of the history and antebellum homes in tuskeegee are beautiful....but dilapidated. It's sad. Honestly, Troy reminds me of Auburn 30 years ago.

Nothing lasts forever. Besides being a Disneyland for college kids they are turning Auburn into Buckhead south.

Oh well. Brave new world.

Honestly, I've felt that what is happening in Auburn is the result of Birmingham people who think the ****** views they have are somehow chic and they are trying to foist them on those of us love to look at trees and flowers and wide open spaces. Downtown Auburn has changed from quaint and lovely to claustrophobic.

It's ugly and has only profited a few local realtors. But hey it has raised my property value by 1/4 million. So when it gets more than I can stand at least it will be worth my while to move to some out of the way rural community and be that new bastard that bought ole so and so's place!
09-16-2020 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - JRsec - 09-16-2020 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.