Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

City of Louisville settling with Breona Taylor Parents
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: City of Louisville settling with Breona Taylor Parents
(09-16-2020 10:26 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Kenneth Walker had absolutely nothing to do with the situation Breonna had been involved in with her ex. He did what any man would do. He defended his home. (Kenny worked for me at the factory I was plant manager at when I retired. In the two years he worked for me, I never heard the man say a bad word to anyone.)

The area they lived in was not a bad neighborhood. The apartments they lived in, on the other hand, were home to a few drug dealers. (That’s not uncommon here in Louisville. They shutdown the projects and did scattered site housing that caused this to happen across the city. Except of course in the affluent areas.)

I did not know Breonna but I do know she wasn’t an EMT when she was tragically shot. She was working as an Emergency Room Tech at a local hospital.

I agree Breonna should never have been killed. I don’t believe there is anything that connected her to her ex boyfriend except a former relationship.

Where I differ from the protesters is I see what happened as a tragic accident. I don’t believe it was racially motivated attack like the national media tries to make it out to be. That 12 million dollars her Momma got won’t bring her back.

Breonna’s death has brought about change.

1. It’s ended no knock warrants in the city and it’s inspired legislation to stop them in the state.
2. Police here are now required to have EMS on site whenever a warrant is served.
3. All police actions must be signed off by a senior officer.

At first glance I thought 12 million was too much but then I think how much is one of my daughters or sons lives worth.

There is tons connecting her to her ex. Dead bodies, lots of packages moving in and out of her place, his claims that she held and laundered drug money. She bailed him out on more than one occasion and visited him 2 dozen times in the pen. The warrant was for her apartment because they expected to find drugs and money. But you probably don't see that in the local media which wants to play up the innocent victim.

And it WASN'T a no knock warrant. Nobody involved says it was. The dispute is whether the police identified themselves before the firing started.
09-16-2020 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: City of Louisville settling with Breona Taylor Parents - bullet - 09-16-2020 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.