Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] Will there be a football season? BLM sidebar
75src Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
RE: [split] Will there be a football season? BLM sidebar
Even many Aggies are disgusted with their football team. The starting QB Mond is demanding that the Sul Ross statue be removed. Tony Buzbee has cancelled his suite at Kyle Field.

I have been a Rice fan for over 60 years but I do no like how all Rice is getting out of the $10 million subsidy now is a march complaining about the founder. The football season keeps being put off. Now maybe start on October 8 but maybe not. Even if so then we have been losing to directional states.

(09-09-2020 07:22 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(09-09-2020 03:40 AM)MerseyOwl Wrote:  
(09-08-2020 01:56 PM)Ourland Wrote:  
(09-08-2020 08:15 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  
(09-08-2020 12:18 AM)75src Wrote:  I really cared when we were in the SWC but do not really care about the CUSA now.
Top level football has got out of hand anyway.

This is just another missed opportunity for Rice athletics. CUSA games were watched and discussed nationally this last Saturday while we’ve cancelled our first 6 games.

All we get is more excuses and lack of a coherent plan. Sounds similar to the department overall which has died a slow death since the 70s. People can say Leebron supports athletics but all of his actions indicate otherwise.

Agree. Texas State will be on national television for the second week in a row this Saturday.

Rice has completely bungled the handling of this season. We've played 106 straight years of football, but we're cancelling a season based on an illness that's less deadly than Influenza, and that rarely kills college students.

Meanwhile, on campus, Rice is allowing an organized and major BLM rally to be held by athletes. I'm sick to my stomach.

The events I have witnessed in the athletics department over the past four weeks have pushed me to my limit. I almost don't even care anymore about what happens in Rice Stadium. If I weren't a lifelong fan, I would drop Rice football like a bad habit. I honestly don't know what it is that keeps me coming back.

Leebron must go, and Karlgaard can leave with him.

You mean this?
https://www.chron.com/sports/rice/slides...208260.php

Count me out for this season. When, if ever, I become a Rice football fan again is, at this time, a remote possibility. I say this as a previous supporter, man and boy, since 1963.

You do realize virtually every D-1 football team in the country has led a similar on-campus demonstration over the past month, including Alabama, Clemson and most others? Why in the world with this turn you off from Rice football as opposed to making you proud of our student-athletes?
09-09-2020 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Will there be a football season? BLM sidebar - 75src - 09-09-2020 06:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.