Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky?
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky?
(08-14-2020 05:41 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 05:30 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 05:12 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 05:02 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 04:02 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  Yes as the WAC has a tremendous upside while the Southland is all they will ever be. And who knows what the WAC is thinking, but maybe one, two or three teams you listed comes to the WAC.

Look, I’m glad you guys are in the WAC and I agree the WAC could have upside, but to believe that the WAC was choice #1 is not logical.

The SLC said no and TSU wanted to be D1, so they took option B. That’s fine, nothing wrong with that. Why would a football school choose FCS independence over a regional conference?

Not true.

And THAT my friend is the $65,000 question. What if the WAC has plans to expand further into Texas? Where else would they get enough schools to build a football conference? I'll wait...

So Tarleton never asked the SLC for membership? Why would they put them in the study then?

Maybe the WAC is building a football conference, who is going to be in it? Dixie St, maybe UT-RGV, who else? Why would SFA, SHSU, ACU, and Lamar leave the SLC for a cobbled together conference with a school in Utah? Why wouldn’t they remain in a more compact league with historical rivals???

You don't ask, you get asked. No definitive answer why the two sides chose to go separate ways. Tarleton had a backup plan with more upside, the SLC has.......its Louisiana schools.

More D2 moveups from the LSC and some SLC defectors makes tbe most sense.

You keep saying SLC schools will defect and you keep dodging the question of why any SLC school would leave for a hodgepodge football WAC. Why would they leave? And why wouldn't you want to be in a conference with access to Louisiana talent?
08-14-2020 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky? - Bobcat2013 - 08-14-2020 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.