Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why are Democrats Letting Their Cities Burn, and What is the Endgame? Answered....
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Why are Democrats Letting Their Cities Burn, and What is the Endgame? Answered....
Democrat Governors and Mayors are sitting idly by while their cities and people are being attacked nightly. They are moving to defund their police even as they are needed more than ever. Why, and what do they believe they will gain from it? I think I have the answer....

It always goes back to power and money. All of these Democrat communities and states have unfundable liabilities they can't possible pay. They owe retirements to city and state employees and can't tax enough to meet the pensions. Simple put they need a federal bailout and they know Trump and the Republicans won't stand for it. As we speak Palosi and the Democrats are holding up stimulus checks, because the Democrat's want their governors and mayors in charge of funds.

We all know the Democrats don't care about the struggle of minorities. In fact, the longest filibuster on record was Democrat Strom Thurmond's 24 hours and 18 minute speach, when he held up the Civil Rights act of 1957. If the Democrats actually cared about the suffering of minorities they would have taken action to stop the perpetual violence in Chicago. No, the Democrats are just using social justice as a pawn to further the DNC's agenda to disrupt the country enough to steal the election in November and I think these Democrat governors and mayors are playing along, because their is something in it for them. Let me explain my opinion...

These riots in Democrat controlled cities allow their leadership to petition the federal government for money. These Democrat governors and mayors have made it clear that they don't want federal help unless it is money. The Trump administration has already turned down Minneapolis' request for disaster funds. Basically, the Democrat plan seems to be to extort the federal government for money, and use the money to bail out their failing state and local governments. But, it has yet to work. When the riots began, no direct money for Democrat controlled communities was included in the first round of stimulus, and then calls for defunding the police started.

I think the defund the police movement is more than just a strategy to divert fund to social programs. I think it could be a means of increasing resentment towards police to the point where Democrat governors and mayors unilaterally defund law enforcement pension plans in their communities in order to divert the funds to other state and local pensions. Then they will blame Trump for it, under the argument that he wouldn't bail them out during this financial crisis. Sure it would be challenged in the courts. But, it would spend years in the system, and by the time a ruling came from the Supreme Court, the funds from these pensions would be long gone, and the federal government will have to step in a bail out those pensions anyway. And remember, this is just one tactic the left is using to try and pry the presidency away from Trump. You may think this sounds impossible, but this is 2020. This is the year of impossibly bad things.

I like to read your opinions.....
07-31-2020 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Why are Democrats Letting Their Cities Burn, and What is the Endgame? Answered.... - Side Show Joe - 07-31-2020 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.