Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Playoff would have to go to 12 or 16 teams for a G5 team to even get a shot.
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Playoff would have to go to 12 or 16 teams for a G5 team to even get a shot.
(07-03-2020 09:15 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 09:01 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 06:04 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 04:29 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  A 16 team playoff is not likely but could serve to revitalize the bowls and might actually serve to revitalize interest in D1 college FB over the regular season because all of the D1 conferences would be involved. All of the NY6 bowls & 6 more could be used to play the 1st & 2nd round games. TV and gate revenue would soar for these games. And for the schools left standing after the first two rounds, the host venues, the TV & general interest across the country would generate interest & revenue at levels we have never seen. So what if the MAC champ has no chance against AL, we'd all watch anyway to speculate if AL is really good enough to win it all. I just don't understand the opposition given that revenue drives most all D1 decisions already.

I wouldn’t and the “P5” schools would never agree to it. Meaningless butt-whipping with a lot of chance for injury. 12 now 14 works in the NFL due to parity. College football has no such parity. 8 would be great.

Potential injuries happen everyday, as likely in practice as games. As for TV viewers, we watch in mass even the 1 vs 16 games in the MBB tourney so I'm guessing you're in the minority. Money will make the eventually decisions, and it will likely start at going to 8, then 12 & then maybe 12 or 16.

No, I watch those just like every other red-blooded American sports fan. College football does not equal college basketball. It’s an entirely different animal.

No college FB isn't college BB. College FB generates about 3x the revenues of college BB because so many more folks are watching & attending.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020 10:46 PM by Atlanta.)
07-03-2020 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playoff would have to go to 12 or 16 teams for a G5 team to even get a shot. - Atlanta - 07-03-2020 10:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.