Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tracking the return of JMU sports (NO more discussions of validity of covid pandemic)
Bookmark and Share
JMad03 Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic)
(06-25-2020 09:21 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(06-25-2020 08:33 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(06-25-2020 08:14 AM)Dukester Wrote:  https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/broo...-covid-19/

Once again in professional sports - two of the 5 top golfers in the world take a break from the tour due to Covid 19 (and they did not even test positive for it), but college kids with power through? Explain that to parents, and even the athletes. Not going to happen.

Don't these golfers realize there is no issue/concerns to be had with this flu?

Pros will walk away from a Million Dollar potential payday, but send the kids on the fields!

Look at what is happening, not what you think should be happening.

As I continue to say my risk tolerance is higher than most, but I can still see what is right there in front of me with much, if not most, of the population.

There are many people who will go to games and be damned if they will wear a mask, but that is the minority.

Sadly Covid cases were at an all time high yesterday, but thankfully we are headed to the more obvious beneficial position of requiring masks. Our trends our worse then other countries.

I want sports and the economy back. Less a vaccine, the quickest way to get them back is through masks and social distancing. How in the world did masks, social distancing, and even the recognition of the biggest pandemic in 100 years become political and divisive?

01-wingedeagle

And yet as of today the following leagues are moving forward with plans to resume:
- MLB
- NBA
- NHL
- NFL

And those such as the following have already resumed:
- NASCAR
- SuperCross/Motocross

Sure 2 pro golfers for their own reasons chose to sit out. Anyone in any sport could choose to sit out as well, that is their personal choice/decision.

Lets just crawl into a hole again and shut it all down b/c 2 golfers decided not too play.

Yep Shady - "planning" and perhaps a better word "hoping". Best case scenario in all those situations team sports without fans. At best in another month. Other countries have already begun their pro sports leagues, and it's not because they have a bigger tolerance, it's because they have done a better job of reducing the cases.

And Shady, don't know how you missed it, but it's not just 2 golfers, it is many college teams and pro teams. And practices have not even resumed for the vast majority of teams.

So let me get this right -

Your solution is:

No Face Masks
No Social Distance
Admit this is just the flu
And open everything up exactly as it was - we gotta live!

Here's my thought:

Limit the spread by
- Require Masks
- Create social distance
Which will reduce spread and create declining cases
More quickly get back
- Sports
- Business
- back to the way of life we want

Thankfully this is the way we are heading"

Quote:Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has ordered all Nevadans and Silver State tourists to wear face coverings in public and inside private businesses, like the many beckoning resorts dotting The Strip.

"Wearing mask coverings save lives, period. End of story," Sisolak said during a Wednesday evening press conference. "We owe it to each other to accept the fact that wearing face mask coverings saves lives."

Many of the southern states, including Florida are "beginning" to understand.

Parts of Florida are getting it. Parts of the US are getting it.
The question is: what did it take for them to finally get it?
It's the typical selfish response: they don't care until it happens to them. So many don't know of anyone or haven't experienced what this virus does or what it can do. When they encounter it or someone they love it becomes real and they then start to care.
Case in point: I live in Southwest Virginia. Coronavirus has not hit here in big numbers.... yet. When you go anywhere, there are less than half the people wearing masks. People not adhering to social distancing. It's very frustrating. The mask levels will go up when:
-They are enforced. Putting a sign outside a business saying masks are required but then half the people come into the establishment without them and they do nothing about it. These businesses need to do more and need to enforce the regulations.
-People are seriously concerned about it. This usually happens when it's too late. People either experience someone they know and love or something happens that makes them finally wake up and believe their health and the health of their loved ones is truly at risk.

The sooner everyone does this, the more things we will be able to do and the sooner this whole thing will end. Until then, expect things to get even worse than they are now.... because they will. Much, much worse.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020 10:38 AM by JMad03.)
06-25-2020 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - JMad03 - 06-25-2020 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.