heferbovine Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W&M Tribeu6
Marlena Tremba
Marlena Tremba Named to Navy Women's Basketball Coaching Staff

Tremba Earned All-CAA Playing Honors at William & Mary

06/16/2020
-------------------------
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Tim Taylor, the new head coach of the Navy Women's Basketball program, has begun announcing his coaching staff for the upcoming 2020-21 season. The next member who will be working with Taylor and the Midshipmen is Marlena Tremba. A four-year standout at William & Mary, Tremba most recently was an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Chatham University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

"Marlena came highly recommended by people I trust in the business," remarked Taylor. "During the interview process, she was extremely poised and polished in her approach to the game. I was extremely impressed with her thought process and plan for skill development of our players. It is exciting to have someone with Marlena's basketball pedigree on and off the court for our players to have as a mentor and role model. I am thankful she has joined our staff and look forward to her help in the development of our student-athletes."

"I am thankful for the opportunity to work for the Naval Academy and Coach Taylor," said Tremba. "Navy is a well renowned and prestigious school and I am excited to work with the team and staff as we strive for a Patriot League championship. Coach Taylor is well respected by his peers and I am looking forward to learning a lot from him."

Navy will be the second stop in Tremba's coaching career as she has spent the past two seasons on the bench with the Cougars of Chatham University. Competing in the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC), the Cougars improved from 12 wins in 2018-19 to a program-best 15-11 in 2019-20. During this most recent campaign, Tremba mentored three All-PAC award winners, including Riley D'Angelo, who was the 2019-20 PAC Newcomer of the Year. Additionally, Emily Ondo was named to the All-PAC First Team, while Kaitlyn Fertig garnered an All-PAC Honorable Mention nod. Ondo and Fertig ranked as the PAC's first and third overall leading scorers. As a program in 2018-19, Chatham was the NCAA Division III leader in fewest turnovers per game (11.7) before coming back in 2019-20 as one of the best three-point shooting teams with 9.5 makes per game, an average that ranked tenth overall.

In addition to her coaching at Chatham, Tremba spent the summer of 2019 as an assistant coach with the Fairfax Stars 16U EYBL Team.

As an intercollegiate student-athlete Tremba had a stellar four-year run at William & Mary as she led the Tribe in scoring all four seasons in Williamsburg. All-time, she is the third highest scorer in program history with 1,595 points over a program record 4,023 minutes played. Additionally, she ranks second in three-pointers made (284), fifth in assists (339), seventh in free throws made (311) and tenth in steals (200). For her excellence on the court, Tremba earned postseason accolades after all four seasons starting with the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Rookie of the Year award in 2013-14. The next two seasons, the guard was selected to the All-CAA Third Team before reaching All-CAA Second Team status as a senior in 2016-17. The Virginia sports information directors organization (VaSID) recognized her on the VaSID All-State Second Team after her junior and senior campaigns. Additionally, Tremba was named to the 2015-16 and 2016-17 CAA All-Academic Teams and CAA All-Tournament Team following the 2017 event.

After her playing career and before joining the staff at Chatham, Tremba worked as a financial analyst at ADP in Norfolk, Virginia.

Tremba is a native of Vienna, Virginia and was a three-time state champion at Paul VI High School. She graduated from William & Mary with a degree in finance in 2017 before obtaining her MBA from Chatham University in May of 2020.
06-17-2020 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Marlena Tremba - heferbovine - 06-17-2020 09:14 PM
RE: Marlena Tremba - Zorch - 06-18-2020, 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.