Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Washington State Lost Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars To A Nigerian Scam
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Washington State Lost Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars To A Nigerian Scam
(05-22-2020 08:15 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(05-22-2020 08:11 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Our government should care enough to trace the origin of the calls and call in a drone strike. The problem is whatever the local Nigerian phone service is they are likely buying time from AT&T and that's why the FCC no longer has any teeth. NAFTA and other treaties mandate arbitration for damages. That clause is the equivalent of corporations telling you to your face that they have whizzed on you but that you have to believe it is raining. Treaties abnegate the legal rights of the victim and protect the predators. In 1960 they could have been extradited and prosecuted and trade would have been withheld until their government complied. But now that our corporations make money there we have no right of redress.

This is fundamentally a violation of the Social Contract upon which all government is built.

we don't want a government powerful and authoritative enough to even know this kind of information.

This is where theory meets reality and where Lord Acton becomes operative. I agree that we don't want a government powerful enough and authoritative enough to know this (theory) but we have one (reality). The question is if that power was being used to secure your rights the ability itself would be debatable within the concept of Social Contract whether you use Rousseau's broader definition of it or Locke's more specific definition of it. The issue is obviously the power is being used by corporations to lure or mislead us through censorship of the news, to spy on us whether to know our proclivities so they might be used against us in advertising, or to spy on us to control us by government. Either way the reality is alien to the concept of Social Contract,

Corporatism is nothing more than a variation of fascism. It's power tends to the unilateral and the rights of the individual dismissed for the corporate good which when married to government as it is with the "Deep State" means a reprise of the concept that the rights of the many (think government) outweigh the rights of the few (individual). I know it sounds like a Star Trek show (which panders to fascism and makes its concepts sound ethical through the character of Spock who uses logic to determine right and wrong which we both know is not the function of logic.
But I digress. Rights of the many can't be in conflict with the rights of the few because the many are merely individuals and their rights are managed by the few (government). So all freedom starts with the rights of the individual and government has to be only a tool to safeguard those rights. Therefore any unelected government is not of the people but of the government itself.

Bureaucracy is anathema to freedom. Those in this nation that push for larger government push for enslavement. It is precisely why crisis is still needed to legitimize central control.

You reference inflection points. The rise of crises (manufactured or real) directly correspond to the loss of freedom because it is in time of war that we give consent to central control for the effective and efficient prosecution of public safety. Corporations and bureaucracies have developed the synergy of manipulating the crises to maintain that kind of authority and the police state is a byproduct of that union. The longer we stay in a prolonged state of crisis the less free we are. Hence the need of the Nanny State to respond to manufactured fear. Lost implicitly in it is the right of self determination. Our inalienable right is not simply the pursuit of happiness which for the unenlightened is merely the pursuit of the fruit of our own labors, but also the right to fail, retry, fail, retry until we succeed.

Quietly we've ceded that right as well. We now are evaluated by our teachers who work for whom? The state. We are evaluated by our employers who no longer reserve their evaluation's confidentiality to the work place, but pedigree it and by requirement of corporate policy, not law per se, use it as holy writ to control your successes, justify their decisions over you without due process, and take away your ability to try again by an uncontestable judgment in your personnel file which thanks to the corporate system and computer follows you everywhere robbing you of your right to improve and of your right to sue for false accusation. The result is an abuse of power in the relationship between employer and employee which favors the power of the corporation over that of the individual. Hell this even extends to credit agencies who by process of misfiling can ruin you with little redress on your part. While thankfully this has not happened to me I've had to help those it has happened to.

So my point back to you Eagle X is while that drone strike to safeguard you from cyber predators and phone scammers may exceed the social contract it is nevertheless the use of power on your behalf. The problem is the same corporations that are robbing you of your rights here, paying for and backing the government here, are operating or profiting by the crime overseas that is targeting you. And that's why no such strike is ever considered. Case in point the invasion of Baghdad where cruise missiles were used in advance rather than carpet bombing which is much more suppressive of ground force resistance. With the missiles properties of American Corporations and those of allies could be kept intact, even if it meant that the citizen solider had to go in and manually clear out those buildings of combatants.

I'm afraid that all that is left of our social contract is the illusion of freedom fed to us as propaganda in and through the entertainment industry. I think back to the Gold Act of 1933 and the confiscation of private wealth for the good of the nation. It was a precedent that screamed to this point. And we are so far past that now it seems quaint rather than pivotal. I don't think we have many inflection points left to cover. Even the right of ownership of private property is a bit of a ruse. The government has the right to assess your property for taxes. If you don't pay the taxes your property is subject to seizure. So do you really have the right to own property or do you merely have the use of the property as long as you can pay your taxes? I would argue fundamentally there is no private ownership of property in as much as if the government wants to confiscate it all they have to do is raise taxes to the extent that no American can pay for it. Which by the way is why we are incorporated as a government because if the government defaults it is private property that is subject to seizure for the forfeiture of that debt. Real time cases of this have come from friends in Germany and Belgium who lived on old family property. When the government wanted use of the land they merely rezoned it and raised taxes to the extent that those who thought they owned it had to sell to keep from losing everything. Our structure is set up for that, it just hasn't broadly executed it because it would kill a favorable tax base.

Now when the average citizen grasps that perhaps it should become crystal clear why the FED backers and the FED encourage being trillions in debt. The FED is the lender, the government is the debtor, and our property is the collateral.

Now if the average American ever grasps that they will never sleep soundly again.

The corporate system we have in place now enforces loyalty to the corporate entity by power of uncontested referral. Through government you give back your wages to merely exercise some control over property you never truly own (think company housing), to drive a car you never finish paying taxes on (think rental), and when you get sick and die corporate hospitals, nursing homes and funeral parlors will clean out your family's savings. Its a West Virginia Coal mining company town in macrocosm.

So I agree that the death of the Social Contract happened early on, and certainly by the civil war it was terminal. But helping the nation survive and thrive were periods without crises. We no longer have these, at least not of any duration because the control, like cocaine, requires more and more to feel ever more powerful and power like cocaine makes the user paranoid. Right now they fear us, and for no good reason. But that won't stop until we are disarmed. Americans who think they would feel safer if we had no weapons don't know what real terror is. And that is why though I tire of them, Holocaust movies still serve as a reminder of who could be next.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020 11:07 AM by JRsec.)
05-23-2020 04:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Washington State Lost Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars To A Nigerian Scam - JRsec - 05-23-2020 04:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.