Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Season Ticket Holder Zoom Meeting
Bookmark and Share
fredsavage Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: drexel
RE: Season Ticket Holder Zoom Meeting
(05-20-2020 12:09 PM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  i guess another positive quality about bruiser was his ability to schedule the philly teams. i think that's very important...others don't. honestly i don't care about new hampshire coming in. i wouldn't know who bill herrion was without people like jb. he could walk past me right now and i would have no idea.

so another criticism of our athletic department is we make no connection to the past. normal programs even in the high school levels honor great teams on a regular basis. i don't recall us ever doing anything like that.

i was listening to an interview with jay wright a couple weeks ago on wip. he was on for almost an hour with ray didinger and glen macnow (didinger is so good he makes macnow interesting and their saturday am show has been a light in the darkness of the pandemic). anyway...i didn't know how connected jay wright was to drexel...almost coming to play for us and i believe hired by us to coach at one point.

i don't bring this up for the obvious that we should have hired him when we had the chance. i was more bothered by how connected we were to the basketball culture in philly...and how completely disconnected we are right now. we might as well play our here in harrisburg. playing those teams is only part of it. if spiker doesn't end up working out...i would advocate for a guy with philly connections either as a coach or player.

i wish i had somting snarky to say but all i can think of is....youre right

why is it that random people on a message board can figure this out butthe people who are supposed to cant/wont
05-20-2020 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Season Ticket Holder Zoom Meeting - J.B. - 05-14-2020, 03:49 PM
RE: Season Ticket Holder Zoom Meeting - fredsavage - 05-20-2020 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.