Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SEVERELY Premature Basketball Rotation (2020-2021)
Bookmark and Share
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
SEVERELY Premature Basketball Rotation (2020-2021)
Hi guys,

So I know this type of speculation is obnoxiously premature. We are still seven months (at best) away from the start of next basketball season. We still have pieces to add to our current roster, and...who knows? We may have another transfer or two of our own depart.

That said I love basketball, and I am bored and have been thinking about this exercise anyway. Why not have a thread to continuously update our starting lineup and depth projections, even as they are constantly evolving?

Here’s my first shot. I’m sure we’ll be chuckling about this a few months from now. BTW — I’m not including walk-ons, and I’m only placing each player in one position. In reality we operate in the “positionless basketball” era, and many players play several positions. However, for this projection it is far simpler to assign players to only one position. It is my hope that this may give us a sense of where our roster needs may be.

PG: McBride - Spottsville - James
SG: Montero - Morgan - Dillard
SF: Groce - Gibson
PF: Binelli - Juco/Transfer - Pacheco
C: Love III - Juco/Transfer

So, a few things stand out. With the addition of McBride our PG position has pretty good depth. SG is extremely deep, as James can play there as well. Montero, Morgan, and Dillard can play the 3 with no problem, so the wing is deep too.

Our frontcourt is problematic. Binelli is fine as a “modern” 4, but we really don’t have anyone behind him. I’d like to see them get a rebounding-minded 4, since that would compliment Binelli well. We have no idea what we have in Pacheco. Love III will be a great contributor if healthy, but we can’t make that presumption. Someone else is needed, hopefully a more experienced player who can serve as a backup, and who can also help Love III manage his minutes.

Any thoughts or predictions of your own? Am I missing anything?
04-09-2020 02:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
SEVERELY Premature Basketball Rotation (2020-2021) - holybovine - 04-09-2020 02:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.