Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

McMurphy: AD's Overwhelmingly Favor CFP Expansion
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
RE: McMurphy: AD's Overwhelmingly Favor CFP Expansion
(04-08-2020 07:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(04-08-2020 06:04 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I don’t think more than 4 is necessary.

I think what people really want is transparent, objective criteria for picking those 4 teams like a points system anyone can follow like:

2 pts Great Win: Top 10 opponent either On the Road/Neutral Site and by more than 10 points

1.5 pts Good Win: Top 25 opponent

1 pts Win: any win over a Top 100 team

.05 pts Win: any win over a non Top 100 team

-0 pts Great Loss: Top 10 opponent either on the road/neutral site or by less than 7 points

-0.5 pts Good Loss: any loss to Top 25 team

-1 pts: Loss any loss to a Top 100 team

-1.5 pts Bad Loss: any loss to a non Top 100 team

Rewards tough wins while not severely punishing risk taking losses and doesn’t let you feast on cupcakes and expect to play for a title

There is no perfect system. That's the problem. The best system is an objective one. One where its decided on the field. There are clear objective standards for a conference champion. With all 5 in, you don't have to argue whether a 1 loss TCU, 1 loss Stanford, 1 loss Clemson and 1 loss Ohio St. are better than a 2 loss Alabama.

Not all champions are created equal as not all conferences are created equal. There are plenty of years where the champ of a league is nowhere near one of the best 4 teams so Auto bids should be a complete non starter.

Besides in my system, if your league is any good, your champ gets an extra 2 point bonus
04-08-2020 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: McMurphy: AD's Overwhelmingly Favor CFP Expansion - 10thMountain - 04-08-2020 09:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.