Marten Linssen enters transfer portal
Bookmark and Share
bricksnivy Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Marten Linssen enters transfer portal
(04-07-2020 02:14 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 11:58 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 11:44 AM)94Hawk Wrote:  This just confirms to me that we are going to uptempo, pressing and while we need big men, we need guys who run the floor extremely well. This was probably a smart move for both sides and I feel confident we will have another big man soon.

Linssen is a good back to the basket player and I'm sure he will have plenty of options in the portal, or I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking about turning Pro. I bet he has options in Germany as well. However, this gives us flexibility to slot in a big that fits our style. A Grad transfer that might not be as much as an offensive threat as Linnsen but will be able to run the floor and protect them rim would be ideal. The portal is loaded rn, they should be able to find someone.

How loaded is the portal with players that have immediate eligibility? That’s the question. I’m sure we could very well have one or two bigs the following season. We need bigs that are immediately eligible, and best case scenario would still have at least two years of eligibility like what we just lost. That gives players time to gel and improve vs just hoping for a one-off deal.

I know a lot of folks are looking to spin this as a positive, but I’m not buying that lunch meat. We were already hurting for bigs, and now this puts us further in that hole vs if he didn’t go to the portal we’d only need a complimentary big.

This ain’t good, ideal, or easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It depends on how you define success. Losing Linssen hurts AND Linssen isn't the typical big for the system that Keatts/Siddle run. It doesn't require spin for both of those statements to be true, and I suspect that Siddle and Linssen had an open dialog regarding fit. We likely would lean heavily on Linssen next year, out of necessity, but he’d watch Steere and Dodd dominate his minutes his senior season. It’s not ideal for next year, but if feels like y’all are hitting the panic button because we aren’t likely to have a championship caliber roster next season. Siddle is inheriting some talent; but also a 10-22 squad. Of course it’s not an easy fix.

Keatts, year 1 was 18-14, 12-6 in conference. Last year, Northeastern was 6th at 9-9 in CAA play and 17-16 overall. Top 6 in the league is a realistic goal for us next year. We desperately need a big, but immediate availability is a short-sighted goal.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020 02:57 PM by bricksnivy.)
04-07-2020 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marten Linssen enters transfer portal - bricksnivy - 04-07-2020 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.