Tarleton hires Billy Gillispie for WAC entrance
Bookmark and Share
Trod0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
RE: Tarleton hires Billy Gillispie for WAC entrance
(05-23-2020 10:18 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(05-23-2020 08:15 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(05-22-2020 12:22 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  Sorry, no way to spin it. Tarleton>CBU

You guys are entertaining. Tarleton State is going to be a great addition to the conference. But after July 1, you are no longer in the Lone Star Conference. As NMSUPistolPete stated, CBU built a state of the art arena for $78 million and they have added a number of quality D1 transfers. CBU won the Learfield Directors Cup as the top athletic program in D2 in 2018. In basketball, they have performed well when compared to the other D1 basketball programs in Southern California over the past two seasons:

SDSU 51-15 (.772)
UCI 52-17 (.753)
UCSB 43-20 (.682)
CBU 37-25 (.596)
USC 38-26 (.593)
UCLA 36-28 (.562)
LMU 33-33 (.500)
Pepperdine 32-34 (.484)
San Diego 30-38 (.441)
CSUN 28-38 (.424)
UCR 27-38 (.415)
CSUF 27-38 (.415)
LBSU 26-40 (.393)

CBU defeated UCI in Irvine this past season, 68-60. CBU was 2nd in the WAC last season, had the WAC POY in Milan Acquaah, the WAC Newcomer of the Year in Brandon Boyd and forward De'jon Davis led the WAC in rebounding for the second straight season. Davis also was 2nd team All-WAC and 1st team All-WAC defensively. So they have gone from D2 to D1 without missing a beat.

CBU has also had a good baseball program, which showed last season when they won a share of the WAC regular season baseball title with NMSU and UTRGV. They won a share by beating NMSU 2 out of 3 games in Las Cruces. CBU has had 21 players selected in the MLB draft in the past decade, 15 of which were pitchers. They have a baseball pitching factory. They have had at least one pitcher selected in every MLB draft in the past ten years. As a comparison, the last player selected in the MLB draft from Tarleton was in 2011.

CBU recently opened up a new athletics performance center, the largest such facility for a NCAA Division I non-football institution in the state of California.
https://cbulancers.com/news/2019/9/20/ge...enter.aspx

You guys don't have the money, facilities, or talent to pick this fight with CBU. Stick to UTRGV. CBU>Tarleton State.

Lol this is what we did as D2 like 5 years ago. I see nothing special at CBU. While great for the program, I guess Tarleton didn't feel it required a press conference.

And for those of you who don't know about the Great Rod Cole, he's one of the best in the biz. I forgot he's at Tarleton. Makes sense now how they always seems to punch above their weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkG03vN9W4

That weight room sucks, that is definitely nothing to brag about. Half the 6A high school weight rooms in NM are better than that. That means 90% of the 5-6A high schools in Texas are better than that. I honestly don’t know if you’re posting stuff to joke around, which is fine or are you really this blind???
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020 08:38 AM by Trod0.)
05-24-2020 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tarleton hires Billy Gillispie for WAC entrance - Trod0 - 05-24-2020 07:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.