Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: House Republicans preparing health care bill
(03-25-2020 03:52 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 03:29 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 03:26 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 03:04 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 02:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I would allow the option of substituting a high deductible with a HSA for the basic plan. All that could be worked out actuarially.

This is what health insurance should have always been.... like your car insurance: It doesn't cover oil changes, tires, brake pads, windshield wipers, or any other basic good. But it does present you with a tiny bill when something major happens. How tiny depends upon how much you are willing to pay per month.

The problem with high deductible + HSA is it now flies in the face of the mountain of lies we have erected in the healthcare industry. It will act like a beacon sucking away all the healthy people who will leave the government run pools in increasingly sicker and sicker condition leading to a death spiral in the insurance market. This has been going on since the beginning of Obamacare and that's why in like 1/3 to 1/4 of the country there's only one insurer to choose from on the Obamacare exchange. This is why with the sole exception of temporary insurance high deductible plans have been outlawed since Obamacare's passage.

I'm not a great fan of this Republican proposal from what I've read. But I far more hate those who champion Obamacare while standing atop the ashes of what use to be the health insurance industry.

I'm not champion of Obamacare, but there's little I'd love more than to be standing atop the ashes of the for profit health insurance industry.

Without foor profit health insurance, you wouldnt be standing on the ashes. You would be the ashes.

Or we could have non-profit heath insurance industries like Bismarck countries have. There is zero value added by those companies being for profit. They aren't doing research, they aren't developing drugs, they are literally just profiting off of human suffering.

Do you sit around plotting to pass laws to make car insurance, pet insurance, event insurance, homeowner's insurance, and literally several trillions of dollars worth of other insurance industries illegal?

One person's "profit off suffering" is another person's "thanks for replacing my house after it burned down from a lightning strike for the low cost of $800/yr."
03-25-2020 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Republicans preparing health care bill - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-25-2020 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.