Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tell the truth again and you're out of here Doc.
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: Tell the truth again and you're out of here Doc.
(03-24-2020 12:33 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 12:32 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 12:24 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 12:18 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 12:11 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Neutral implies 50/50 coverage... which then requires a quota of favorable to unfavorable. The idea of neutrality is asinine. They overriding question is if the story is factual and true. The NY Yankees could have a crappy season but then in order to achieve “neutral” status, the opinion columnists would then need to write 50% positive fluff. Sorry, ain’t gonna happen.

I don’t keep track of favorable and unfavorable columns about Trump in the Times, but I do know conservatives squeal like pigs whenever one gets penned. It’s almost as if you need to retreat back to your safe spaces and can’t handle life outside the bubble of favorable news.

Ironically, two of the 3 links deriding the Times come from sites not exactly neutral to Democrats or the MSM...

I'm not a conservative. I'm not a liberal. I don't take sides. But I can tell you, you were touting the NY Times as if it plays things down the middle, fairly.

As someone who doesn't pull for a side, I can tell you, they are far slanted to being anti-Trump. You can arrange words however makes you happy. It doesn't change that reality.

I tout the Times as one who strives truth and accuracy in their reporting... as a source that pays a heavy price for being wrong. It looks like you need a scorecard of positive to negative stories and I don’t know of a media outlet that can produces an equal number of good to bad.

I never said an equal number. I said neutral. You interpreted that as 50% good and 50% bad.

No, I interpret it as simply reporting facts without throwing in any editorial slant. They do it in practically every article involving Trump, whom I don't support, but I can see and read and comprehend slant.

If you think the NYT is fair and accurate, I can't help you. But you might as well stop trying to convince me. It ain't working.

What source do you frequent that’s fair and accurate?

Zero. So don't say the NY Times is fair and accurate. It isn't. And it's pretty obvious which way each outlet leans. I have looked for years to find one that just reports without political bias. They are like dodo birds. Gone.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020 12:39 PM by TripleA.)
03-24-2020 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell the truth again and you're out of here Doc. - TripleA - 03-24-2020 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.