JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Strategy - Force the ACC to choose
(03-28-2020 07:18 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  
(03-28-2020 03:42 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-28-2020 02:22 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(03-28-2020 02:04 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(03-27-2020 05:31 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The sweep at this point would be Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and the fourth is highly debatable: Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech.
That's 70+% of the current Big 12's value for 4 schools.

Why would a 4th school have to be a B12? Sounds a little redundant to me.

Why not think outside the box and look somewhere else? There are others out there that are worthy and willing but are not B12 little brothers.

I'm going to say another thing. I don't think anyone from the ACC would be in play. I think they all locked arms together on the last realignment cycle.

Is that a subtle pitch for Cincinnati? 03-wink

In the scenario we're talking about, taking a 4th school from the Big 12 might not technically be a necessity. If their big 3 are full and clear from having to take their little brothers then I can't necessarily say I disagree with you.

Texas would give us everything we want from that state when combined with Texas A&M. Oklahoma even gives us a little more at that along with the national cache. Kansas is a good solid brand and I think ESPN would prefer to have them under greater control anyway.

The 4th school could be debatable at that point if all options are open to us except ACC schools.

I wouldn't object to Cincinnati in that scenario being the 4th school. It's true that a school like UC depends heavily on athletic subsidies, but I think a pretty good argument could be made that the other Big 12 schools would be in the same boat if they didn't have some true heavy hitters to up their average value. In other words, if you separate out Texas Tech or Iowa State or Oklahoma State from the big dogs then could they duplicate their economic performance? Would they be the ones relying on subsidies in that scenario? Hard to say, I think, but it's worth considering.

Out of the Box #4: South Florida

Out of the Box #4: East Carolina ???

Nope! Their #5 in a state of 10 million. South Florida is #4 in a state of over 20 million and is a rising star in research from a region of Florida (Gulf coast middle of the State with reach into South Florida) that the SEC truly needs a representative from. If we gained F.S.U. we simply own the panhandle which we have a large part of already and Gainesville and Tallahassee are about an hour apart. If we picked up Miami we are truly in the deepest part of South Florida which isn't an SEC cultural fit. South Florida is perfectly positioned to be an excellent 2nd Florida school for the SEC. So if we are going to play promote the G5 South Florida is at the top of the list for the SEC.

What a wonderful SEC that would make:

West: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M
Central: Alabama, Kentucky, L.S.U., Mississippi, Miss St.,, Tennessee
East: Auburn, Florida, Georgia, S.Carolina, , S. Florida, Vanderbilt
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020 07:51 PM by JRsec.)
03-28-2020 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strategy - Force the ACC to choose - JRsec - 03-28-2020 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.