Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should the media fail?
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Should the media fail?
(02-13-2020 12:29 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 10:14 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  That's great..... Blame Trump and then just keep on spewing your biases.........

People like Rachal Maddow and Sean Hannity give "news media" a bad name. Change the name of their organizations to News Entertainment then, they can at least claim plausible deniability for their constant biased spin.

Sorry but you don’t have any idea what you are talking about. Hannity shouts out the fact he is not unbiased. Maddow not so much. Hannity has had guest that are investigative reporters. They haven’t been wrong to my knowledge even though they are smeared in the media until proven to be spot on later. Maddow is hardly ever right even while pretending to be a news anchor.
I find Hannity hard to watch at times but I don’t feel I’m being lied to. Everything I see on MSNBC is nothing but hate for my side of the isle and demonstrably inaccurate most of the time with even a little over all knowledge of the facts.
Hannity and Maddow are no where near the same.

Perception is reality for way too many people. I agree that Hannity tells you straight up he is right biased. The problem (and my point) is that even when they are telling you they are biased, too many people still think because of the platform from which they are spouting, they are presenting as Unbiased News because they are on a "News Channel".

Hannity is on Fox News Channel.... People tune in to Fox News to see him.....

People are lazy and/or dumb. When you get a little older you can see it and separate the hyperbole from fact much better, but the younger set (under 40) eat this sh*t up hook line and sinker as "real news".
02-13-2020 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should the media fail? - bullet - 02-13-2020, 09:41 AM
RE: Should the media fail? - BuffaloTN - 02-13-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Should the media fail? - Eldonabe - 02-13-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Should the media fail? - b0ndsj0ns - 02-13-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: Should the media fail? - Attackcoog - 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM
RE: Should the media fail? - bullet - 02-13-2020, 12:19 PM
RE: Should the media fail? - SoMs Eagle - 02-13-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Should the media fail? - Eldonabe - 02-13-2020 03:18 PM
RE: Should the media fail? - CardinalJim - 02-13-2020, 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.